Sunday, July 14, 2013

Phase 2 has begun...no, it's not any new medical procedure, it's our re-modeling project. We've had to rethink some things and I don' know if I'm going to like it, but, there's no way around it. Since Bill can't be around paint fumes and drywall dust this phase is going to have be done more while we're not here, and I hope that Ron, our painter, will pay attention to his instructions and do what we, or should I say, I want. We're starting with the main bathroom and we've also scaled back the project. We were going to have a walk-in tub, or just a shower installed instead of a bathtub and we've changed our minds on that. Part of it is because of Bill's circumstances. The main part is me...I don't have the desire to re-do it all. So, paint, new flooring, new toilet and vanity and hardware and we're done. Ron has this week to get as much prep work done as possible and then the 5 days that we are gone. We bought everything yesterday and the big pieces will be delivered tomorrow morning. He got all the wallpaper off the walls yesterday, and already we're finding that it's going to be a long week. Things were just put anywhere when he got started, instead of asking if I had something to put things in. So, this morning Bill can't find his shave cream, I couldn't find the cup dispenser to take my medicine (I did find the medicine) and who knows what else we'll have to search for! OK, done venting!

Nothing spectacular happened this week. It's been rather dull. This week will be different, packing, making reservations, getting ready to leave Friday. I did get a haircut and it feels wonderful! Haven't gone this short in a long time! I'm going to get a little pampering this week and get a manicure and pedicure before we go. Aahh...the little things that make us happy!

All for this week...have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment