Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's 6:30 on a Saturday morning so why am I up? This is the time I usually wake up, but after 2 text messages back to back and a weather alert alarm at 5, I gave up when the dollhouse fell down in the toyroom! So, it will be a long day today.

We're still dealing with the wacky weather! It was cold most most of the week and going to get colder. And, yesterday we had sleet...while it was 55 degrees! Of course all of the weather men were trying to explain how that happened. I don't really care how it happened, just that it was another weather phenomenon in a year of weird weather. Today is supposed to be in the upper 50s and tomorrow is supposed to start at 50 and end up at 15, with a winter storm warning starting at noon. We're supposed to get 1/2 inch of ice from freezing rain and also sleet and snow. The high Monday is only 25 with wind. Brianna's high school softball season starts Monday afternoon, but I imagine the games will be cancelled. In any case, we are not going and she said she totally understood why.

Bill's had a good week. He walked some and ventured out by himself to the bank and Walmart. I'm still a bundle of nerves whenever he's out by himself. He was apparently a little dry this week because he was also up 2 nights with leg cramps. That's usually a sign that he needs to drink more. So, I got him some bananas in case it was low potassium and made him drink more and they have since stopped.

I made another quick trip to Jonesboro yesterday. We had been again last week to get some yarn for an afghan that is made in a class I'm taking but I didn't get enough of 1 color. I thought Walmart might have it, but they've quit carrying the brand I needed, so back to Hobby Lobby I went. I also needed to check for a new shower rod, the ones I got at Walmart  for our main bath won't stay on the wall. Every 3 weeks or so they fall down and I'm getting tired of putting them back up. So, stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond and got the type of rod I wanted in the first place and then hit Hobby Lobby and was only gone 3 hours (including 2 hours of drive time)!

We received a package for Don and Shirley (Bill's sister and husband) from Omaha Steaks Wednesday. Now all I have to buy for groceries are side items.

My plan for today is to go to the grocery store to get what few items I need. I want to put a pot of chili on tomorrow afternoon after church. I also have a feeling we will have a house full if power goes out like they think it will. So, it's time to lay in some supplies. Bill's job today is to bring in some firewood. We've been keeping the woodbox in the house full, but since it's gotten warmer we haven't had any fires for a few days. So, that's his job for today.

I was pleasantly surprised to see spring training baseball on TV this week. I've made it through another off season!

We did have a disturbing event in the neighborhood this week. A prominent businessman in town lives behind us. You wouldn't think anything special about him to see him, drives an old beat-up sports car, house is not ostentatious, just an ordinary guy. Anyway, during the night Tuesday, thieves jacked up his SUV and stole all 4 tires! My friend who called and told me about it said they were at least courteous enough to put the vehicle on cinder blocks when they were done! So, we've been leaving the outside light on all night now since MY SUV sits out all night and we splurged and got the nice chrome rims. But, on a positive note, maybe since the theft was from a prominent person in town it will be investigated more thoroughly than if it was a "normal" citizen.

So, that's our week and the news from here. Bill just opened the bedroom door and trekked to the bathroom so he's up now. Time to start the day!

If you're in the path of this storm, and most of the nation is, stay safe, warm, and dry. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment