Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another week has passed already! We both agreed last night that this week has gone by awfully fast.

I've been down with a cold all week. When we went to church last Sunday I thought it was warmer than it was so didn't wear a heavy coat. When we came out the wind had come up and it was downright cold! And, Monday morning woke up with a cold. I'm still not feeling well, but the medicine helps some.

Bill has had a good week. He's spent quite a bit of time on the treadmill. I think the warmer weather has helped. He's also taking some initiative again with his meds, taking them without me reminding him. Now, if he would just take them on schedule instead of too early, but, one step at a time.

Our family problems are resolving themselves. One was resolved as best it could be, the other was not, but it was not our final decision. I only hope and pray that, with time, things will turn around.

Our schools have been on spring break this last week, and we did miss the school buses. They will start again Monday and things will get back to normal. Even though we only have grandkids in school, it seems to throw things off when they are out.

I've been feeling the need to go somewhere for a few days, but the choices I've come up with haven't been appealing. I haven't said anything to Bill about it but I'm ready to get out.

We got a new itinerary from Mayo this week and noticed they had now scheduled an Opthomology appointment into our already full 1st day. Instead of starting at 7:30, we would now be starting at 6 am! But, I called Stephanie and told her he had just had his eyes checked and everything was fine so she cancelled it and put us back to our original schedule. Sometimes I think they just fill in the time slots and don't take into consideration that we have to eat at some point between all of the appointments. I'll have to remember to bring some crackers and granola bars!

I can't think of anything else for this time. Hopefully you all will have a good week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Does Mayo do blood work for vitamin (etc) levels, since the toxic cocktail can cause depletion of necessary things the body needs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they check for everything under the sun. Bill has had vitamins added and then taken away. They also do a bone scan because the Prograf (if he's on that) can cause bone loss. Bill had Fosomax added last year. How extensive was the caregiver teaching you got? I had to identify all of his meds by look and name before he was discharged.

    ReplyDelete