Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy April!

This has been a good week, compared to last week. I finally started feeling better Tuesday and have had more energy than I've had for awhile. I guess the cold worked everything out of me. I'm still a little congested, but my inhaler helps with that.

Bill has had a good week, been walking more and doing his "chores". We had the girls after school a couple of days when schedules didn't work out, but they're no problem now that they're older.

We ordered his new class ring this week. It should be here in about 8 weeks. I was impressed with the company and the representative I dealt with, and the order process was very streamlined.

We were lucky and didn't get any of the tornadic weather that was forecast. We got a little rain during the night, but everything severe went around us. We did have one good storm the day before the worst was to come. It rained so hard we couldn't see across the street!

It was also warm this week, in the 70s most of the time. It's cooler today and is to be cooler in the next few days but then back into the 70s by the end of the week.

I took Brianna to get her drivers permit Thursday. She was 3 questions from the end of the test when the I-pad shut down. That means that she missed too many questions. She was telling me some of the questions that were on it and the answer choices and I don't know that I could pass the test! She's going to take it again next week.

I told Bill last night as we needed to take a road trip and the first thing he said was "Now?". I've been feeling for a few days that I needed to do something different. So, today we went out for lunch and then hit the highway. We went into Missouri and then took a back road back into Arkansas and then home. We were only gone, from the restaurant, about 1 1/2 hours and about 100 miles, but it was enough. I just needed to drive somewhere, it didn't matter where! I get that from my mother so I know she will understand the feeling.

As we were out we noticed that the dogwoods have bloomed, the tulip trees are now a little past their prime and the Bradford pears have all blossomed. There was also a crop duster up this afternoon. I did see on tv this week that allergy season this year will be especially hard because of the winter we had. That's not exactly good news!

All for this week...time to start cooking dinner. Hope everyone has a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment