Saturday, April 19, 2014

It seems like this week went very fast, so fast that I thought yesterday was Saturday...ALL day! I had to keep telling myself that it was only Friday.

The weather finally is warm again, and I think it's going to stay warm. We had some rain and cooler weather the first of the week, but it's been in the 70s to 80 the past few days and is supposed to be nice for next week.

We had nothing exceptional happen at all. Gabriel, the little 2 year old from church, decided after some deliberation that he would sing with me tomorrow. Now if he just goes through with it! He is such an agreeable little guy.

We did do some shopping this week. We bought some groceries and "Easter Bunny" stuff yesterday and then went to visit Ryan and Amanda and took them out for lunch. I ate way too much and was miserable for the rest of the night. Today we made a trip to Lowe's. We have been inundated with wasps in the backyard and bumblebees in the front hedges. So we needed to get something to take care of those. We also needed to get some bug light bulbs. I looked out last night and the front door area was full of all kinds of flying critters. So, we've got to get that fixed in the next few days.

Tonight we went to see the Easter program at Emily's church. Brianna's youth group did a rhythm routine that depicted the crucifixion and was fantastic. The illustrated sermon was a take-off on Willie Wonka and McKenna was an oompa loompa dancer. They were really cute! The program was very well done. They had a performance last night, one tonight and there will be 2 services tomorrow. This church also hosted an egg hunt today and there were 1200-1500 kids there, 1700 including parents. They hid 35,000 eggs and had carnival rides and food. I know everyone will be relieved when the week-end is over.

That's been our week. I hope everyone has a blessed Easter. We're having a very quiet day, church in the morning and going out to eat, just the 2 of us. I asked Bill what he wanted to do and he said go out. So, any time I don't have to cook, I'm going to take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment