Saturday, April 12, 2014

We've had another good week, and it seemed to be busy, although it really wasn't.

There was something in the church Sunday that really set my allergies off. It also bothered another lady just as badly. I thought it was all of the Easter lilies, but they are artificial. The cleaning lady said that she doesn't use anything scented, but there was something there. I was totally fine before church, fine within an hour after coming home until the evening service, and fine again within 30 minutes of coming home. I'm not really looking forward to a repeat tomorrow, but maybe there won't be anything.

We took my car to get the oil changed and ended up getting front and back brakes. The technician said that the front could wait awhile, but we decided to get them done since we have another trip coming up. So, instead of a free oil change and $20 tire rotation, it was that plus $500 for brakes. Oh well, as I've said before, it's only money! Since the dealer is about an hour and half  in Tennessee, we stopped in Dyersburg which is about 45 minutes from home and had lunch at Applebees and then came home through the country. It was a pretty long day since we left at 8:30 in the morning and got home between 2:30 and 3, but it was a nice day for a drive.

We did get some bad news this week. My boss's dad passed away. He had been fighting cancer for several years and then recent heart problems. But, Tommy was coping well. They weren't close, but it's still his dad. We were going to go to the visitation last evening, but we stopped by the office yesterday afternoon to visit the girls and he and Jalena were both there so we chatted with them.

The weather has been glorious the last couple of days, in the upper 70s and sunny. It's been windy and is again today, but I'll take it. Bill wants to grill out tonight so we're going to do some burgers and potato salad. It's just the 2 of us so don't need to make much. This is the 1st he's wanted to grill since we came home. He did grill once last year but didn't enjoy it at all.

I ran into a dear friend at Walmart that I hadn't seen in a very long time. We picked up exactly where we left off! We're going to try to get together for lunch. She works 3 days a week so I told her to call when it's easiest for her. We've also run into some clients this week. One of them wants us to adopt her since I'm only doing returns for family members. Another was a bookkeeping client. It's always good to see them. The girls at the office said that several of my clients had been in this past week and asked about me. It's good to be remembered, but I don't miss being there! We are going to fix Bill's spaghetti for them Tuesday to celebrate the end of tax season.

It doesn't seem like it should be Easter already! I've been asked to sing, not specifically for Easter, just to sing something. I think I'm going to see if the pastor's 2 year old son will sing with me. He loves singing Jesus Loves Me and he loves the microphone so I hope he'll do it.

That's about it for this week. It's time to get some potatoes on to boil and I need to fill the medicine containers for the week. Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment