Saturday, May 24, 2014

Another week gone!

It seems like we've accomplished absolutely nothing this week, or done anything newsworthy! Just a normal week.

We've still been tired, it seems. And it's gotten very hot. Started the week with the heat on and ended it with the air on. I try to turn it off in the mornings and open the windows to get a little fresh air in, but that doesn't last too long.

We spent a little time with Brianna and McKenna yesterday. Emily and Bryan are out of town for the week-end and Em's dad is keeping the girls. They couldn't stay here because we haven't replaced our bedroom set yet so don't have an extra bed for them. So, after school we picked them up and took them halfway to his house. He met us for the great kid swap. Ryan and Amanda have Kayden and Kiyann this week-end, so we have no children obligations for the holiday week-end (not that we ever have children obligations).

We have no plans, especially since it's so hot. But, if we feel like doing something, or going shopping, we're free to do so. The only thing I have planned is...laundry.

Ron and Maria and Buddy came over for coffee this morning. Buddy followed me all around to make sure I had some treats for him. He was almost in my lap getting his bacon treats, and he's a lab! Since Ron has gotten a job painting at the hospital we don't get to see Buddy every day. I don't know who misses who more! Buddy's a really good dog and treats our house like his home.

I did try to set up Bill's colonoscopy but they have him on a 10-year follow up. Mayo wants it now so I gave Stephanie's number to the nurse. I haven't heard back from either of them so I don't know what the decision will be. I meant to call Stephanie yesterday but didn't so need to do that Tuesday. I still have the stool sample supplies we were given at the lab so we can still do those and mail them back.

So, that's it from this end. I hope everyone enjoys their holiday week-end. And, please remember that this week-end is not just to kick-off the summer. I remember going to the cemeteries with my grandmother early in the morning for a tribute to the fallen. And, if you don't know how and when Memorial Day, or Decoration Day as it was once called, started, Google it! You may be surprised at what you find!

No comments:

Post a Comment