Friday, May 30, 2014

It's Friday night and I'm exhausted! We've had a busy week and it's been a sad week as well.

We had a very quiet holiday week-end. We only had church Sunday morning, but Ryan, Amanda, Kayden and Kiyann came for supper that evening. As we were dishing up lasagna, Kayden asked who was going to pray and Kiyann raised her hand before anyone could say anything. Usually it falls to Bill to bless the food. But, after everyone had been served she told us all to bow our heads and close our eyes and she then said the standard children's grace. I was very proud of her! It wasn't that long ago she informed me when it was time for the blessing that she would bow her head but she was not closing her eyes! These 2 kids have not been to church much until just lately and we are now seeing the results.

A dear little lady from church passed away Monday afternoon. She was 94 and the oldest member of the church. She had been the pianist when we started going there and once she found out that I could play, she said she had played long enough, and stepped down. It made it difficult since I'm not a member of the church and can't hold the office of pianist, so they had it entered into the minutes that I could play anytime I desired. Her daughter took over when I needed to stop, but I fill in for her. We were playing piano/organ for awhile, until the organ quit. It's an older one with tubes and we were told that when the tubes went that would be it. They went Easter Sunday! Anyway, Karla's funeral was yesterday morning. She looked so peaceful and relaxed.

I have noticed that Bill is having trouble with funerals now. I think that's a side effect of the stroke. We've been to 2 since we've been home and he has sat and sobbed. So, unless it's a funeral that can't be avoided, I won't put him in that position again. I don't know if he'll protest, we'll just have to see.

It's rained every day this week, not steady rain or storms, just pop up showers. It's supposed to continue for a couple more days.

Bill was up every 2 hours last night with leg cramps and going to the bathroom. I tried to check his blood sugar this morning, but the battery in the meter needs changed and I don't have another one. Since being up and down with him all night I've been really tired today. It was also a day that I was very short-tempered. But, I stayed mostly to myself. I did get all the laundry done, a roast with all the fixin's in the crockpot and was ready to sit by noon. I had to take Brianna to the orthodontist this afternoon, but didn't have to take the girls to a function at church. Their daddy was home this afternoon so he could do it.

Ryan and Amanda and Spooky (the dog) are here for the night. Their house is being sprayed and they have to leave it for 24 hours. So they're here. Ryan is also going to do some "honey dos" for us, like install a new ceiling fan and help me hang some pictures. I don't want Bill to get up on the ladder! Spooky has been really funny. He followed me all over as I was getting dinner on the table. They tried to give him some treats but he was having none of it. What I had was much more interesting!

So, early post this week and you can see why I'm tired tonight. It's not even 9 pm and I'm ready for bed. Although since we have houseguests, even though it is our kids, it probably wouldn't be nice to leave them. Of course we'll go to bed before them anyway, but this might be a little early. Hope everyone has a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment