Saturday, November 19, 2016

All good things must come to an end. After a summer of relatively good health sickness has struck our house.

We got our flu shots on Monday and had no ill effects from them. Our arms didn't even get sore. Tuesday morning we headed to Oklahoma to take our wood splitter to Mary Rose and Jack. It was a really quick trip, but we had a good time seeing William and Petra. We hadn't seen them since William was 2 and Petra was about 2 months. He is now 4 and in pre-k and Petra will be 2 in January. They were both a lot of fun.

Bill did well with them for the most part. Not being used to little ones it was a little overwhelming for him at times, and tiring. When we got back to our hotel Wednesday night, about 7 he was asleep by 8.

We came home Thursday and it was a 2 hands on the wheel day, very windy out of the south, and since we were heading east most of the time, my arms were tired. But, both of our travel days were good with light traffic.

But, I woke up yesterday morning at 5:30 with a very sore throat and felt progressively worse throughout the day. I slept on the couch last night so hopefully Bill won't get whatever it is. I have a fever blister, sores in both ears, the sore throat, pounding head and now starting to cough. I don't think I've had any fever but it's hard to tell since it hasn't been over 97.4. I usually don't run low, so it's hard to tell. I've been taking the standard OTC meds and if I'm not better by Monday I'll go to the dr. 

Bill is trying his best to take care of me, but there's not much he can do except get me drinks. He did help me fix supper last night...soup and grilled cheese for him, just soup for me.

It's a good thing we had no plans for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll feel better Monday, at least enough to get us a small turkey breast and a few of the fixings. But if not, it may be a "whatever we can find in the freezer" holiday. I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving. Just remember it's not just a day for food football, but a day to be thankful for the what you have, no matter how much or little it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment