Saturday, November 12, 2016

Grrr! I was 3/4 of the way through a post and it all went away! And even though it saves periodically during the process...you can't access it! Or at least I can't see where you can access it. So now, I have to try to remember what I wrote!

This week seems like it has gone very fast, and we haven't done much of anything. We voted early and didn't have much of a wait. I think next time for a major election Bill will vote absentee. Arkansas has a strange law that limits you to 5 minutes at a voting station (we don't have booths anymore). This was a pretty long, wordy ballot this time. Plus, older people who aren't comfortable with technology are uncomfortable to begin with. So, I think we will do the absentee thing at least for Bill. That way he can take his time.

I have spent the better of 3 hours over the last couple of days removing anything political from my Facebook feed. It doesn't matter who posts it, conservative or liberal, I'm automatically deleting it. I'm not deleting/unfriending the people posting it, because they are entitled to their opinion, but I don't have to read it. And that's enough said about that.

Bill has been walking just about every day this week. He doesn't use his oxygen to walk to his mancave, which is the attached apartment to our garage for those that may be new visitors here, but he does use it while he's walking. His cough is worse some days, but others he doesn't cough at all. It makes it hard to tell if it is just the emphysema cough, or a cold, or a rejection problem. So, ever vigilant. His nose has been drippy for the last few days and this morning his voice is deeper, so he is congested some. He also had an upset tummy last night. I think it was a combination of sinus drainage and not taking his omeprazole. We are trying to wean him off of those since they can cause problems after prolonged use. I can tell a difference when he doesn't take them. He doesn't sleep as well and he seems to have indigestion through the night. I had tried every other day this week, but will go back to daily.

It has finally gotten cold enough to turn the heat on. It's supposed to frost tonight so we'll just stay in. It's harder to breathe cold air for people with compromised lung capacity and it is advised to stay in, so that's what we will do.

I saw our friend Ron at Walmart this week. We hadn't seen him or Buddy all summer, which is really unusual since we saw them once a week. He told me that he feels sorry for Bill since he needs the oxygen all the time now. He remembers how he was before the transplant and stroke. And, anyone who knew him before can really tell a difference. But, as I told Ron, he's alive and he gets around and still does as much as he can. He also told me that Buddy got hit and killed a couple of weeks ago. He's still very upset about it. I had to break that to Bill since he loved that dog, but he took it well. I still haven't put away his basket of toys. I'll probably do that while Bill is out walking. It's in a corner now and can't really be seen, so he doesn't think about it much anyway.

Our cat has brought some others in! I have seen an adult black one that is gorgeous, very stately with an extremely long tail. Yesterday I watched a younger black one come over from the house across the street and later saw it sunning on the fence that encloses the air conditioner. There was also another tortoise shell one (this one had a tail and the first one doesn't) eating. As far as I know they all live under our house. It will be our luck that we will have babies before long. They still run when they see us, but Miss Kitty will watch me talk to her. She won't come out until I open the door to come in, but she doesn't hide completely. When they multiply again I'll have to call animal control to trap them. I can do 1 or 2 but not a lot of them.

We're going to make a very quick trip to Oklahoma in the next few days. We are giving Jack (son-in-law) our wood splitter. We have to coordinate around work schedules for them, and they aren't able to come here to get it right now. Mary works week-ends and William is in pre-k, so we're going to take it. We also have seen the baby since she was about 2 months old and she'll be 2 in January. We're both tired of travelling so it will be a quick trip.

I think this is it for now. Hopefully I get it posted before it goes away again. Have a great week-end!

2 comments:

  1. I have plenty I could say about PPIs, but most people seem to scoff at the info, so I'll keep my opinions to myself and hope that Bill can get off of them without facing continual rebounding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got off of them when I realized that my nausea every morning was due to them. Forgot about that until recently when I tried one to help with the esophageal spasms, nausea was back. I don't know if they interact with my vitamin or probiotic but the nausea only happens when I take the PPI.

    ReplyDelete