Saturday, January 27, 2018

For a week where nothing much happened, it has gone by quickly. Here it is already Saturday and it's been nothing to write home about.

Our snow is gone. It was so warm Saturday and Sunday you could almost watch it leave. Sunday night into Monday morning the rains came and right at 5 am there was a little thundershower with some wind that knocked out the power. I had gotten Bill's big back-up tank ready before we went to bed so I switched him to that thinking that we could just go back to sleep. That's usually the time the cat starts trying to wake me, but she was still snoozing. But, Bill acted like he had never used a tank before and was worried about how he was going to go to the bathroom with it since the tubing wasn't long enough. So, since it was now barely raining and no more lightning, I got dressed and started the generator. Of course, he went back to sleep after changing him back to his concentrator. The power came back on about 7:30 so it was back outside to turn the generator off. I saw a company on line that is not too far from us that installs generators and services them and I may call them this spring to see if they can change it to automatic. We've tried for 2 years to get it done but we never hear from the electrician again. Just something else to add to my list of things to do.

We followed a friend to Paragould Wednesday to return a rental car. She had been in a wreck and had the rental while her car was being repaired. It was a pretty day and Bill decided to ride along just to get out of the house. We were there and back by lunch time.

That's really about it. I've spent the week caking yarn trying to see just what yarn I have and get it into some kind of order. It was taking over the dining room. It is still taking over the dining room, but most of what needs caked now is from projects started and then for one reason or another not going to get finished. Then, it's just a matter of finding a place to store it all. I shouldn't have to buy yarn ever again, but it will always happen that I won't have what I need for a project (like Kiyann's afghan)! 

We're supposed to get lots of rain today and then next week-end could get rain and snow again. I'm ready for good weather! And, this is about it for this week. Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment