Saturday, January 6, 2018

Good Morning everybody! I wish the cat would let me sleep past 5! I know, I know, I could put her out of the bedroom and shut the door all the way, but then she just sits in the hallway and meows. And with the hardwood floors and a narrow hall, it echoes and gets really loud. So, up by 5:30 and then she's back snoozing after her breakfast by 6!

We didn't even make it to the "fake" ball drop at 11! We were both tired so we were in bed by 9:30. I woke up once and it felt like I had been sleeping for a long time. My thought was that everyone stayed civilized a nd there was no gunfire. But, it wasn't even midnight yet! And no, they were not civilized. The gunfire started and one guy reloaded 3 times! His clip only held 7 rounds! Another one held 9 and he reloaded once. That one was very loud and the cat jumped and ran to the end of the bed and I couldn't get her to come back to me. There was another burst a little farther away, and I don't care what anyone says, it was automatic. You can't fire 30 rounds as quickly as these were fired by pulling the trigger each time. But, we had no broken windows or holes in the house as far as I could tell.

It's been bitterly cold all week, although not as cold as in some places. But, bitter cold for us. Windchills have been below 0 and some days we struggled to make 20. It's supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow with rain and the rain could start as a wintry mix depending on when it actually starts. Needless to say, we barely left the house.

We did go to Ryan and Amanda's yesterday. Ryan called and wanted us to come up. He's still not found a job and they are getting desperate about money. He has re-applied for his old job back. He said it won't be on nights so he will lose the shift differential, but it's more than he's making now! Hopefully they won't take long to make a decision.

Bill seems to be getting weaker and weaker. I think most of it is because he's not moving so that when he does stand  and move his blood pressure drops. He's also not drinking enough which of course is nothing new. He keeps talking about walking on his treadmill again. I told him yesterday that he would be too worn out just walking to the apartment to get on the treadmill! I've tried to get him to just walk in the house. Our house has an open floor plan, yet it's not a "great room" design. But you can make a circuit through. He is limited by the length of his oxygen tubing, but I told him to walk one direction and then walk back and go the other way as far as he can and to do that a few times. But, so far, he just sits. I think yesterday he finally go up and dressed about 9 and he didn't leave the couch until we left for Ryan's about 12:45.

And speaking of the apartment, when I took the trash around to the curb Wednesday night, I noticed a pile of something on the bricks by the apartment door. It was 3 pairs of khaki pants, 2 long, 1 short, in different sizes! There was also a dark green sock and a white sock in the yard. What makes it so strange, is that they were neatly folded, except for the socks. The only thing I can figure, since there was nothing wrong with the pants, is that someone moving or going to the laundry lost them and then someone found them and thought that the apartment door was the back door to the house. When no-one answered the knock, they folded them neatly and put them on the bricks. I had Joe come out and check everything out with me that night because I knew he would come armed...and he did. But, everything was fine, all locked up. The garage and apartment doors are connected to the alarm system, so we would know if they had been opened, and no windows were broken. It's still just a mystery!

We have no plans for the coming week, and nothing scheduled until our eye appointments in February. We should see Dr. Burbeck in February, but we don't have an appointment set with her yet. I'll probably need to check on that this week.

That's it, the first week of the new year is in the books already. Stay warm and dry!


No comments:

Post a Comment