Saturday, January 20, 2018

There's not a lot to tell about this past week. Our little ice storm hadn't even melted and we got another storm Monday night. This one was all snow and boy, did the forecasters get it wrong! It didn't matter which station you listened to, our area was only supposed to get a dusting to 1 1/2 inches. It started snowing just after dark and when all was said and done by daybreak Tuesday, we had about 4 inches. I was up to the bathroom about midnight and it was snowing so hard it was almost a white out. And it was little tiny flakes, the ones that mean business! 

I was surprised that AT&T kept our appointment to see what was happening with out internet. It was the wire that goes from the box to the house. I felt sorry for the guy as he had to do most of the work outside and it was very cold! But, it is fixed and it is working wonderfully. The speed is even better!

Since we were basically snowed in we didn't have much excitement. Christopher and Brianna came by on her birthday and brought us a few things from the store. I was really surprised when she asked, without prompting! We didn't need much, more bread, dry cat food and Diet Coke. I was dreading having to clean the car off. But the snow was very powdery so there wouldn't have been a lot of heavy scraping.

By Thursday it was starting to melt and I did venture out to Dollar General to get a few things, and yesterday went to Walmart. It got warm enough those days that the snow is really melting. The worst area now is the back patio. From all the dripping it is solid ice. I'm glad we have a fence around the air conditioner that I can hold on to when I feed the cats.

Joe came over a couple of times, once to bring me some ham and white beans Barb had made. I dearly love them and Bill doesn't eat them. They were so good! He also called and asked if our trash was ready to go to the curb. He had dug his can out and said that he would come and get ours. We had to use a hammer to break the ice all over the top to get it open to put the last of the trash in.

Because of the weather we didn't get to do much. Bill hardly left the couch again. One thing I've noticed is that he's getting really hot in the night and stripping out of his pajamas. I don't know what's causing that, unless it just because he's sleeping with his head almost completely under the blankets. I need to do some research on that.

When I filled our medicine containers I realized that he was going to be out of one of his anti-rejection meds. So, Thursday morning I called to re-order them and found that Kim had not put the prescription in! I had talked to her about it the end of December. I told the pharmacy that he would only have 1/2 a dose on Wednesday morning. They were faxing a request to Mayo right then. I then called Stephanie and left her a message that there was a problem and Kate called back and said she had talked to Stephanie and they were working on it. I told her to watch for the request and that he was going to run out. So, I'm going to be on pins and needles until Tuesday or Wednesday. It if comes Tuesday, wonderful, all is good. If it doesn't come until Wednesday, he'll get the 1/2 dose and I'll make it up in the evening. If it doesn't come Wednesday, I'll be back on the phone with Mayo. This is the first time this has happened and it's mainly because of the dr. in Memphis changing the dosage, and then shorting the amount by 30 pills. He wrote it for 3 a day for 30 days, but only 60 pills instead of 90.

That's it for this week. It's supposed to be in the 50s today and 60s tomorrow with rain coming in Sunday night into Monday morning. I told Bill now that I've had snow it can all melt and spring can come. Don't think it will happen, but I can hope! See you next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment