Saturday, April 27, 2019

Can you believe that April is almost over! 

We've spent the week getting ready to head to Mayo this week-end. Most of the details have been taken care of. I need to finish packing today and I want to load the car with everything except the essential things we will still need before we leave, and of course, anything worth anything. You never know what will happen in our neighborhood.
 
Bill is doing pretty well, he's been more self-sufficient and even helping a little around the house. He still can't do much, but clearing up after eating and emptying smaller trash cans into the larger one is a big help.

We're leaving in the morning and will be back Friday sometime. We have a free day on Tuesday before any appointments start so I don't know what we'll do. We may just rest, although I do want to go to the pet store, not that we're getting a new pet. Heaven forbid, 2 indoor cats and however many feral cats show up to eat are enough. But, I want to look for a couple of things for the indoor cats.

I forgot to include last week, that I finally applied for my Social Security. It will start arriving in June. I had to take a copy of our marriage license to the local office and then got a form in the mail wanting information on Bill's ex-wife. So we sent that back in. Once that is processed, the amount I get may change since right now it's based on my earnings and I think the spousal benefit is larger. But, I'll take whatever they send. And then of course Medicare will start in August.

I've been battling internet problems for most of the week...and this just after getting a letter from AT&T saying they were upgrading our internet at no cost since we also had DirecTv. It is worse since getting the letter so maybe the upgrade is what is causing the problems. But, it it's still doing what it's doing when we get back, I'm switching to the only other provider in town. There slowest speed, for the same amount of money, is the fastest offered by AT&T.

I will update this, probably Thursday evening. We have all the tests on Wednesday and then see Stephanie and Dr. Patel on Thursday morning to get the results, so we won't know anything until then. Unless, of course, something major happens before then. So, until then, I'd better get this posted before the internet goes down...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment