Saturday, April 6, 2019

This week finally went at a normal speed, whatever that is. But, I didn't feel like it was dragging too much.

We have our itinerary for Mayo. All of the testing, and it is minimal, is being done on May 1 and then he sees Stephanie and Dr. Patel on the 2nd and then we're done. I started making reservations for us last night and may need to change my thinking some. We are going on Sunday and then we'll have all day Tuesday to do nothing but rest. Bill, I think, has decided that he just wants to come on home when he's done, but we haven't decided if we're going to leave after his appointment with Dr. Patel (we'll be finished by 10), or wait and leave the next morning. Part of me wants to wait and leave the next morning, but another part wants to go ahead and leave on Thursday. And part of the reasoning is the cost of hotels. All of the hotels have raised their rates and to get a good rate it is non-refundable and I don't like doing that. So, maybe we'll leave after his appointment and stay in between where we alternate staying. I'll just have to work on that today.

Bill has had a good week for the most part. He's done well in therapy and is moving around a little more, doing more for himself. It's hard for me to stop waiting on him as much as I have. The other night as I was just sitting down from doing something he looked in his coffee cup and said that it was almost empty. I told him to go fill it himself!. Corey has also told him to move more to get his own drink/snack. It's a hard habit to break after so long, but I'm working on it.

He did start coughing some Thursday night and yesterday when Ruby was here he had a slight temperature. But, he said he felt well and he ate well. She didn't hear anything so we think it is more just the weather. The pollen is high, like it is most places, and it rained Thursday and was still damp and cool yesterday. I've also been stuffy/sniffly so I'm concerned, but not overly concerned, just a little more vigilant.

I finally made an appointment with a podiatrist about my heel. And wouln't you know it, it is not hurting as much since I made the call. I'm still going to go to the appointment, although I should cancel it, but not for that reason. They don't take my insurance (Tricare, the military insurance). Now, it's not a problem to pay it all out of pocket, we have the money, it's the principle of it. They are located in a town with a lot of military retirees, that had an active base for many years, and they don't take the military insurance that Bill earned over his 27 year career. OK, off my high horse. I can file the claim myself and should get reimbursed for all but what the co-pay should have been. I've also been told that someone else went to that Dr. and they wouldn't let her use her debit card, cash only and the receptionist would meet her back in the parking lot after she went to the bank so she wouldn't have to come back in to the office. Sounds a little suspicious to me. So, we'll see. They will accept a credit card or they can bill me and I'll send them a check, but I'm not going to hand over cash in the parking lot!

We got some sad news this week. My youngest step-brother had a massive heart attack and passed away at age 60. His family of course is devastated. He had 3 girls and 5 grandkids. We weren't close as we were adults when our parents married, but he took care of Mom's needs after his dad passed away and before she remarried. But, we're still all saddened by this. He was a man who would do anything for anyone and he will be missed by everyone who knew him. Emily sent the girls a message about what helped her get through losing her dad last year. I hope it helped them.

I read the other day that April is not only Donate Life Month, it's also Stress Awareness Month. As if I need an official month to know that I'm stressed, or have been stressed. I have noticed something this past week to 10 days. I have all the symptoms of a hives outbreak except for the actual rash. All of the itching everywhere and I've come to the conclusion that my body doesn't know what to do now that I'm not living with all the adrenaline rush. I'm not having to get up and out and then cram everything into an evening before falling into bed to do it all over again. So, it got used to that and now is having a hard time slowing down. The upside is that the cocktail for the hives is helping my heel some. I'm sure it's the Prednisone and not the Benadryl or Zantac. But, if it helps so that I can walk with less pain, it's worth it.

So, that's about our week. We've been watching the ballgames, if you can call them games. But, it's baseball and that's what matters. Now if they would just win another game or three!

All for now. Enjoy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment