Saturday, September 7, 2019

The only resident of our house who didn't go to a dr. of some kind this week was Kitty. First off, Bill.

He didn't feel well at all on our anniversary. I finally made him get out of bed and he said he felt better after that. I think he was laying too long. But, I used the hospital argument when they would make him sit in a chair. So, he got up and perked up. Our anniversary dinner was pasta from Dominos with cheesy breadsticks and chocolate lava cake for dessert (which we ate the next night). Very romantic!

Emily checked with Connie Tuesday about labs and Connie said she wanted to see him first. So, Wednesday morning we went to the dr. His white count had gone up even higher than it had been so she put him back on Levaquain. He finishes both it and the Doxycycline tomorrow (Sunday). She also said that this time she heard some wheezing down low in his lungs. He's not getting as winded walking as he was, but he's coughing more again. She's sending Amy Monday morning to draw labs and if his count isn't down enough, then we're going with the Rocephin shots. I don't know if she'll set Home Health up or just have one of the nurses come give them. I'll have to ask when we know what's what. 

We talked about his white count and she thinks a normal one for him may be around 11-12. It of course has been spot on normal, under 10, at times, but now with being on Prednisone all the time it will probably stay higher. We're also going to monitor his kidney function more since adding the Lasix back in. He was a little dry with his labs this week. I forgot to ask her what result I need to look at to tell that. I know the one for his kidney function, but not that one.

I took Mouse to the vet Tuesday and they did keep him. He also got his shots for the year. When I picked him up Dr. Cato said that the x-ray showed that the bone above his knee has a split in it. The way he explained it was that this is normal at birth, but by his age it should have closed, kind of like the soft spot on a baby's head. He said since he doesn't have a back-up leg to take some of the pressure off this one, he doesn't know if it will fuse or not. He said it will most likely develop arthritis. Mouse was not happy with all of the "abuse" he received and as they were trying to put him back in his carrier he got very agitate and pottied all over himself and the carrier, so I have a very clean carrier and I had a wet cat who also didn't like his bath. He's also on some prednisone and has to go back in on Friday.

He was very clingy to me as the anesthesia wore off and wanted on my lap, no matter where I put him. I put him on the bed when we went to bed and he didn't move all night. I had to take him down the next morning, but he's now running around like his old self for the most part. 

My appointment was the easiest one, just a check-up at the eye dr. Since I've had problems with my left retina trying to detach at times, and my mother developing macular degeneration, Dr. Jones wants to keep an eye on things. I've also had past bleeds in the back of my eye due to blood pressure issues. He's actually the one who discovered that my blood pressure was high, even though I was already on medication. Whenever I had gone to the dr. it would be normal, so it surprised all of his when it went wacky.

So, Bill has labs done Monday and we'll go from there. Mouse has to go back to the vet on Friday but I don't think they will x-ray again, he'll just see if the swelling has gone down and I'm good for another 6 months. 

It's been an eventful start to September! See you, same time next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment