Saturday, January 12, 2013

I hope everyone has had as good a week as we have!

I officially "retired" Monday. It was taken well, but Jalena wouldn't take my key back. She said I might need to get in to make copies or something. She did take the blank check I've been carrying around though! I'm still going to do family returns at home like I did last year, so all of you reading this, don't panic! The office is short-handed and I have a feeling they may call to see if I can help out, but I've already decided that I can't, especially since we will be heading back to Florida during the busiest time. They made it last year and will make it again this year.

We are getting into the routine of being home and finally feeling more comfortable in our house again. At first it seemed like was too big, almost overwhelming to be in. But, it's seeming more like home again.

Since we were in the middle of a re-model when we left for Florida, and most of our wall decor had been packed and moved to various rooms for storage, we've been going through things and trying to decide where to put things. We also need to get the other rooms cleared out so they can be emptied to do the remodelling in those rooms. Our neighbor Ron, who is going to do a lot of the work, is wanting to get started in places I'm not ready to do yet. If we did that the entire house would be in turmoil again, and since it was like that before we went to Florida (inside and outside renovations at the same time), I'm not inclined to do that this time. I'm tired of constant chaos! So, with my FREEDOM attitude, we're doing things my way, on my time.

Bill has done pretty good. He and Ron have been going to the gym 3 days a week. He's maintaining his weight and his appetite seems to be picking up. His mental state has also stabilized more, at least when it's just the 2 of us. He does seem to be more confused when he is on the phone with someone or with a group of people, but, hopefully that will come around more with time.

We didn't see any of the grandkids this week. We did see both Emily and Ryan, but not the kids. Brianna and McKenna were going to walk here from school last week, but it was supposed to be pouring rain so we said no. We'll have to see how it is this week.

Our weather has gotten crazy. It rained Weds. and Thurs. and then had a lovely day yesterday. Today it has rained, was very foggy early, and is now still 70 at 6:30. We have a flash flood watch and a tornado watch. We're still supposed to get torrential rains through tomorrow and then the temperature is supposed to plummet and the rain could change to sleet/freezing rain/snow by Monday morning! Everyone says that if you don't like the weather in Arkansas to stick around for 30 minutes and it will change! Bill even commented this morning that we probably shouldn't go to church in the morning if the weather is bad, so his reasoning is coming back more too.

This has been a pretty generic update which is a good thing. It just shows that we are returning to as normal a life as possible. Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment