Saturday, January 26, 2013

This week has gone by extremely fast...or so it seems! Nothing major happened, but maybe just the little things made it seem to fly by.

We did get an itinerary from Mayo and it has Bill's appointments for his 1 year check-up. We have to be there May 6-8, and the 6th and 7th are full days starting at 8 in the morning and going through until 2 or 3. The 3rd day is his heart cath and that of course will last all day by the time he has his "resting" time afterwards.

We are leaving Friday for his Feb. biopsy so there will be a few more posts this week, or at least at the end of the week into the next week. After the biopsy we are going to visit Bill's sister and husband in Clearwater for a few days.

Our youngest grandchild came to visit yesterday for a few hours. He's 10 months old and as long as we didn't get too close he would smile and play but when we tried to hold him for pictures he just cried and cried...until McKenna came. He loved her and let her touch him and play with him.

I had a bittersweet day on Monday. We were going through boxes in the apartment (for those who don't know our house we have a 1 room apartment attached to the garage) and I lost one of my opal rings. This ring was the first piece of jewelry that Bill bought me. I don't know if it ended up in a "keep" box or the trash. At the same time I don't even know if I lost it out there or while I was doing laundry or somewhere else, I just noticed it wasn't on my finger that afternoon. I'm surprised I didn't feel it slip off! If I'm lucky enough to find it I'll be very happy, but if not, I have the memories of when he gave it to me and that's what matters.

We had a lovely dinner with some great friends tonight and spent 2 hours in the restaurant just catching up with each other. We'll have to do it again soon!

All for this week, I'll update when we hit the road and keep you updated through the biopsy. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment