Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bags are packed, we're ready to go. Just a few little things to throw in in the morning and we'll hit the road. We've had a slight change of plans. The driving evaluation can be done next week instead of in March, so we'll spend a couple of extra days in Jacksonville before going on to Clearwater to visit family. Bill's excited to get it done. I did find out that it's a 3 hour evaluation, a test on road signs, a video and then actual driving. They will take one of the hospital's cars which is equipped with brakes if necessary.

This week has gone fast...until today and it has gone very slowly. But, I was busy, laundry and packing, making sure we have enough meds with us, cooking dinner and getting the kitchen cleaned up. And I pulled a muscle in my neck while I was doing laundry and Icy Hot is not doing a thing for it. Neither did the Aleve. I'm hoping that another Aleve, along with some Benadryl will relax me enough in the night that it will loosen. Otherwise it will be a painful drive.

I've really been hit with the "losing things" bug. I finally used the gift card Bill got me a year ago for my birthday and bought a new purse this week. As I was moving things from old to new I discovered that I didn't have my military ID, or my Kroger card. Not that the Kroger card was important, but the ID is very important and it has both of our social security numbers on it. I checked all of my pockets, and I knew where I had it out last so I checked with the eye dr. I know they gave it back to me, but I was hoping it fell out of my pocket. Anyway, couldn't find it anywhere. Instead of trying to fit in a trip to Memphis to get a new one, we decided that we would wait until we got to Jacksonville and use our free day to visit the naval base. So, I pulled the paperwork I would need. BUT, we went out for lunch yesterday at one of our favorite places and the owner met us at the front door. He said he had the ID in his safe! I was trying to figure the last time we had been there and it was after Brianna's birthday party, which was the day after I had been to the eye doctor. I was so pleased to get it back, and that someone honest had found it! (Bambi, I know you told us about what Louie did, but...I think you can understand).

I'll post more later after we get to Jacksonville. I probably won't post anything tomorrow night, but who knows, maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment