Saturday, February 2, 2013

We made it to Jacksonville! The trip was relatively uneventful. I didn't feel well last night, stomach bug is still trying to get me down. And, Bill is coming down with a cold. So I've been doctoring him. No fever but he's really stuffy and then his sinuses drain so his throat is sore. But, he can take otc meds as long as they don't have aspirin in them.

I didn't think about the hostage situation in Alabama much, but the area is only about 10 miles from where we stayed last night. We passed right by the command center, which covers both sides of US 231. I don't know if that's where the bunker is because I was watching traffic, but it was a sobering moment. We had noticed helicopters flying yesterday afternoon as we were getting closer to the hotel and heard a couple during the evening. It all connected when the news came on last night, but still not that we were that close.

Anyway, we had good driving weather both days and it is in the 60's here...unlike the 19 when we left Friday! I'm glad we don't have any plans for tomorrow except for resting and buying a few groceries. We're staying in an Extended Stay hotel with kitchenette so we're going to get the basics for the week.

Monday is the biopsy and then we just kind of piddle around until Thursday for the driving evaluation. I'll let you know how everything goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment