Monday, February 4, 2013

We've had a good day today! Bill's biopsy went well, still a little difficulty with "speedbumps" but Dr. Yip managed to get enough samples. Of course it will be tomorrow when we get the results. We spent a quiet afternoon and then met some friends for an early dinner. It was so good to see John and Cindi again. They told us that people at Mayo can't believe that we are still staying in touch with each other. We just hit it off and had an instant connection and we will be friends forever.

Tomorrow is the support group meeting and we're hoping to go to see more people. I know one couple we had hoped to see is not going to be there as his biopsy is tomorrow. But hopefully we'll see others we know. We also saw the girls in rehab today and they were very pleased with the way Bill looked and was moving.

Bill has tried to share his cold with me, but hopefully the meds have caught it early. He's feeling much better and hasn't needed any medication for his today.

We will do some exploring in the next couple of days to find the place for the driving evaluation. I know the general area and I have the address so I can put it in the navigation system. Bill's very excited about it and he's really been paying attention to traffic and lights now so maybe he is ready...but am I? That's one of the hardest parts about being a caregiver, giving up control again. After such a long time it's hard to do and takes a real effort to do. At times I think that it will be wonderful not to have to do everything, but another part of me wants to do it all to make sure it's done right, at least the way I think it should be done. But, it's just another hurdle to get over. After what we've been through already, it should be much easier (and note that I said SHOULD)!

I noticed when I logged in tonight that this is post #400! Never did I imagine that this would cover over 4 years at one time or another. Sometimes I think it is the only thing that kept me sane. And, after all of these posts, Bill has not read a single one! Maybe one of these days I'll print them all and put them in order for him.

All for tonight. More tomorrow after we get the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment