Saturday, January 19, 2013

We were busy this week! Monday was the slowest day of the week. Only took bookkeeping to the office and had a tire repaired. When we took Ryan by the plant last week to pick up some paperwork I apparently picked up a screw in the parking lot.

Tuesday we both had dr. appointments with our primary care doc. I had bloodwork done in the morning and, just as we were heading out the door for our appointments, it started sleeting. School dismissed early and it was getting slick by the time we got out of the dr. I got a good report. My cholesterol and triglycerides were lower than they have been in a long time and my blood pressure was good. He said I should live to be 120. He checked Bill a little since the Mayo docs just wanted him to get a look at him in case he got sick. He was surprised that they didn't want him to have a flu shot.

School was closed Weds. so we told Brianna and McKenna to come over for the day. It was Bri's 14th birthday and we hadn't really spent any time with them since we came home. We took them out to lunch and then I took them to church. After dropping them off I came home and fixed a cup of tea. Within 30 minutes I was sick to my stomach. Went to bed at 7:30 and then moved to the couch. Felt lousy all night and of course didn't rest much. I probably would have felt better if I had gotten sick and got it out. I think I just ate too much at lunch and my stomach said that even tea was too much to put in it.

Anyway, Thursday we had eye appointments and I really debated cancelling them, but by afternoon felt better so we kept them. I did find out that I wasn't crazy. If you remember, I got new glasses in Florida and couldn't see with them. My dr. here looked at them and said they were nowhere near my prescription, especially for the distance vision. The bifocal was fine, but the other was way off. Luckily they were able to use the frames, so some of the money was salvaged. I also spoke to Bill's dr. (we had different ones this time and the more experienced on examined Bill) said that his vision is basically good. He was able to read the charts well and the eyes looked good. He did say the medications are having an effect on them. His pupils generally stay very small. Anyway, it's a good thing my frames could be used. We spent over $1600 altogether for them! Just think what they would be with frames! And that didn't include the exams. Oh well, it's only money!

Yesterday was a big day for us, more for me than Bill. Emily and I went to Jonesboro for a girls spa day...massages, manicures and pedicures. When we planned this, our neighbor Ron was going to be around the house so I felt comfortable leaving for an extended period of time. Jonesboro is an hour drive and the services would be 2-2 1/2 hours and then an hour drive back. Plus we needed to do a little shopping. But, Ron had a death in the family and was out of town. So, it was a fine line to walk again without making Bill feel like a child. I left him with a list of phone numbers and showed him what was for lunch. I did tell some friends that he was going to be home by himself, but did not ask them to check on him. We left about 9 yesterday morning and didn't get home until almost 6. I called him at lunch to remind him to eat and take his medicine and then when we were ready to leave. He did fine...decided to scrub down the stove burner pans. They really needed it too. He also cleaned out the fireplace but didn't start a fire, and there was fresh coffee made. This was more a test for me than for him and I didn't worry too much. I enjoyed the massage and the pampering, although I think she tried to kill me. She told me that my muscles were very tight and worked for nearly 30 minutes on just my back and shoulders. But, I'm very sore today! Hope it doesn't last long!

Last night was Brianna's birthday party at the bowling alley. They really need to get the heat fixed! It was freezing cold in there! We only stayed 30 minutes. Bill just couldn't sit on the cold seats any longer so Bri opened our gift and we headed home. Grabbed something to eat and hit the bed by 9. We were both very tired!

So, there's our week! We made a Walmart run this morning and are just relaxing this afternoon. Maybe I'll get another pair of slippers finished...2 1/2 pair of 8 that need made. I really need to do laundry and get ready for Mary, Jack and little William to come on Thursday. I have to make some more cookies so they can take some to grandson Ben in South Carolina.

Hope everyone has had as good a week as we did, and hope you have a good one coming up. Check in again next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment