Saturday, March 2, 2013

Early post today. It's spitting snow and cloudy, just like yesterday. And we thought it was supposed to be getting warmer. I'm ready to put the Christmas tree up!

This has been a week of milestones and worry. My former boss, would have still been my boss this year, had been complaining of chest pains for a couple of weeks. So his wife finally made him an appointment and he was put directly into the hospital. Had a heart cath Weds. and 2 arteries were 100% blocked, another 99% and another 70%. This is a non-smoking 49 year old. The doctor, who is one of Bill's former drs., said he saw no sign of heart attack damage and the heart muscle was working well with some "feeder" veins taking over for the blocked ones. Yesterday a quadruple bypass was done and thankfully everything went well. As of this morning, he is off the vent and sitting in a chair! Will probably be in ICU for another day and then moved to step-down. We were there for the cath, but haven't been back. Jalena has a good support system with family so I felt comfortable not being there for her. She's holding up well, had a bad moment when the dr. said he was looking at surgery, but she's been resting well. Her other worry has been the office, but the staff is running it with no problem. I'm meeting one of the office managers tomorrow after church to run payroll. She's going to print the checks and I'm going to sign them since I haven't been taken off the account yet.

So that's the worry part. Yesterday was 1 year since Bill was placed at the top of the transplant list and today is 1 year from getting the first call and having our dry run. Sometimes I wonder if it would have been better to deal with the fungus that heart had and avoiding all of the other complications that have occurred. But, it doesn't do any good to dwell on what ifs!

I'm still dealing with the sinus problem and will probably go to the dr. this week. My left ear and left side of my nose are so sore and today my throat hurts, but that is more from sinus drainage, I think! I don't know what they will be able to do. The treatment of choice is Augmentin and I can't take that. So, we'll have to see. I would like to get one of the mega shots that knock out everything and be done with it!

We're considering going to Oklahoma for William's 1st birthday on the 14th. We haven't completely decided if we are going or not and weather will play a part in it. Hopefully in a couple of weeks it will finally start warming up some. We still need to go to Illinois to visit my mother and family and before we know it, it will be time to head back to Florida!

All for this week from snowy Arkansas! Have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment