Saturday, December 28, 2013

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was the Christmas that almost wasn't. If you remember, I was worried about Emily, Bryan, Amanda and Ryan being exposed to the stomach virus. Well, guess who came down with "something"...that's right ME! I don't know if it was the virus or not because I did not have the fever that goes with it, and I didn't vomit any, but something was going on Monday and Tuesday. So, no baking/candy making got done. Between us, Bill and I got the dining room rearranged the little it needed to accommodate the extra people, but that completely drained me. However, Christmas morning I woke up feeling much better and Christmas was on. By the time everyone got there I was pretty tired and felt bad again after eating. But, the grandkids were all happy with their gifts and seemed to have a good time.

We had McKenna Thursday and Friday. Bryan's department decided to work a few hours while the plant was shut down. She was pretty good but she's at the age where she can entertain herself most of the time. It was still tiring so we're playing catch-up on sleep. And, this morning, Emily ended up at the ER with vomiting and diarrhea! They aren't sure if it is the virus or not, and she really doesn't think so either. I sure hope not!

Bill has become a demon with the vacuum! If he sees 1 little piece of lint or paper on the carpet, out comes the sweeper! He put away all of the TV trays/folding chairs and swept everything up Thursday. That was good because it took 2 dishwasher loads to get all of the dishes done!

I have a little story to tell on him that my mother should appreciate. He was making coffee yesterday and I asked him if he got enough coffee out of the canister because I knew that it needed filling. He said he did, 1 1/2 scoops. I told him it took 2 heaping scoops and he gave me a look. I told him he was turning into my grandmother and before long he would just be drinking hot water! That's what she did. She started making her coffee weaker and weaker until she decided just to drink a cup of hot water in the morning! She decided she didn't need the caffeine, she just needed the warmth!

He had a headache Thursday night into Friday morning. He said he had it all night but he didn't want to wake me up for some Tylenol. I could tell by looking at him that he didn't feel well yesterday morning. I gave him some Tylenol and then, after he took his morning aspirin it finally went away. He said he also thought he had a fever earlier, but when I took his temp it was normal for him. He's had several headaches in the past 3 months and I wonder if it's due to his blood pressure. It isn't high by any means, but it is for him. His usually stays in the 110s/sixties and it's been more low 120s/seventies. That would be normal for most people so it's something for me to put on my list for Stephanie.

I finished reading through the Bible this morning. It was supposed to end Tuesday, but I just kept going this morning. It's the first time that I've read it completely through. I have a study of the women of the Bible that I've been wanting to do, so that's my next project.

I'm getting my haircut this morning so I'd better get a move on. Happy New Year and may you be blessed in the coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment