Saturday, April 18, 2015

Another pretty normal week. Hopefully this isn't leading up to a catastrophe, but we'll take normal.

We didn't do much, although we could have. I went through clothes, changing winter/summer. Hopefully it will stay warm now. I did leave a couple of long-sleeved shirts in the closet for Bill since he stays cooler.

Things are gearing up with the grandkids and summer activities. Kayden played 2 ballgames and they won both of them. Brianna's games were rained out and the night they finally played them, she had a choir concert and was a featured soloist so she opted out of the games. McKenna is still practicing and her games don't start for 2 weeks. But, she did have an awards ceremony Friday and she received 2 awards, A-B Honor Roll and Good Citizenship. She also came after school on Wednesday.

We didn't go to Kayden's games but we did go to Bri's concert. It was really good. They sang songs from the 50's to today and you could tell the kids really enjoyed doing it. Brianna sang "Every Breath You Take" and did a great job.

We may try to go to ballgames this week. Bri has a couple of home games and her games start at 4 and then Kayden would play at 6. It would be a long couple of hours, but we could at least say we went.

I went to the dr. this week. Without going into too much detail, I have an infection. Because of where it is, and the pain from it, I was a little concerned. But, 2 antibiotics later it's already looking and feeling better. Still oozing some, but not like it was.

I also got a new arthritis medicine that you only take when you are really hurting and OTC meds aren't working. I had some samples of it before and it really works. The downside is the cost. The co-pay on it was almost $50, but it's worth every penny! As of now there isn't a generic for it.

So, there you have it, just a normal week. See you next week!

2 comments:

  1. I cringe every time I hear someone mention antibiotics. My mind goes into overdrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to stop taking them, couldn't take the nausea and bloating. Luckily the infection was pretty much on it's way out when I started taking them so I think I can safely stop and still get better.

    ReplyDelete