Saturday, April 4, 2015

What a day it has been, and it doesn't seem to be letting up quite yet. Sorry for the late update, for those of you who have been looking for this, but better late than never.

I took myself shopping today, without Bill, and was quite successful; 2 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, 2 tops, 1 book, 3 reams of paper, 2 ink cartridges, and a package of file dividers. The best buy was one of the purses, reg. 79.00, got it for 18.50. At one store I saved more than $100 and still spent less than that. Now for those of you who know me, I hate shopping, especially for clothing. But it was a relaxing day, light traffic until on the way home and Bill behaved himself while I was gone.

But, when I got home, and got on the computer, it had been hijacked and I have just now been able to get things mostly straightened out. There is still one file that I can't get rid of and it is stopping me from being able to do a system restore. I may still have to call 1-800-BRYAN to fix it, but at least it's working. Now if only I could get my favorites bar back!

I talked to Stephanie this week and Bill's schedule has been totally revamped. The heart cath has been scrapped and an echo and dobutamine echo have been added...all to the same day as all the other appointments. We start at 6:45 and the last appointment is at 3:30. We may be able to squeeze in a snack in between a couple of them, and one of them he can't eat anything "heavy" 4 hours before so that leaves out a good breakfast after the fasting labs.

She was very pleased when I told her that Bill was walking 2 hours a day on his treadmill and she had to put me on hold and go tell someone. It was probably Tina or Kim but she was laughing when she got back on. She also talked to Dr. Yip about the labs and he said as long as he's not symptomatic with anything, and Dr. Smith is going to continue monitoring his blood, he doesn't think we need to add the infectious disease consult, so that was cancelled, or supposed to be cancelled. On the online itinerary it doesn't show, but it is still on the paper one we got in the mail today, so I'll have to take care of that. We could get another itinerary in the mail this coming week.

We've had some stormy weather this week, although not bad here. Other parts of the state got worse storms than we did. But, we did have an earthquake! I was just about asleep when it felt like something hit the house and the windows rattled. Bill didn't feel it. I got up to see it another storm was getting ready to come through and the wind was picking up, but it was calm. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I didn't know about the quake until the next morning. At first it was registered as a 4 but then it was downgraded to a 3.6. That's the strongest one I've felt in the 30 years I've lived here. For those of you that are unfamiliar with earthquake faults, we are situated smack dab on top of the New Madrid Fault that runs along the Mississippi River. In fact, the last major quake changed the course of the river to what it is today. It was, I think, in the early 1800's.

So, that's our exciting week. I know what I'm going to be doing this week, backing up files and then I think I'll put this back to factory settings. This is the computer I have used for bookkeeping, taxes, and lots of other important things. At least I do still have my desktop, that also needs a lot of work, and I have my tablet so I won't be completely unplugged. It's just the thought of having to rebuild everything. Calling Bryan, who is our son-in-law and a computer tech, may be the easiest thing to do.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter. We're planning on church but not much else, just a quiet afternoon at home. Baseball season starts tomorrow night and I can't wait! But, I made it through another off season! See you all next week!

2 comments: