Friday, April 22, 2016

A rare Friday post but there's a good reason. My sister and niece are coming today! Brooke, my brother's daughter, is coming to do Brianna's hair for prom and Ronna, my sister, is just coming along for the ride. We're all pretty excited! Most of the local clan will be here for dinner tonight. Nothing fancy, pulled pork sandwiches, chips, veggies, and birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. Yesterday was Bryan's birthday so we're celebrating tonight.

We've had a good week getting things ready for our visitors. Bill has walked every day and has seemed a little more aware. I don't mean to sound as if he's not aware of his surroundings, but sometimes I can tell from his comments or the look in his eyes that his mind is a little fuzzy. Some of that is due to hydration which is still a major problem for him, but it's been getting somewhat better now.

I forgot to mention last week that he fell coming into the house. He said he told his foot to lift for the step but it wouldn't move. Of course his upper body was already moving in anticipation of the step up and when that didn't happen, down he went. He scraped one elbow pretty badly, but it is healing nicely. He took out both of the rocking chairs and set off the panic alarm on the car in the process! I was more worried about breaking a hip or something, but everything seems fine.

Next week's post will probably also be on Friday since we leave Saturday morning for Mayo. Of course I'll keep everyone updated as to how that goes.

All for today, I have pork to shred. I cooked it overnight in the crockpot and the house smells really good this morning! Have a good week-end!

1 comment: