Friday, April 29, 2016

Bags are packed, car is gassed up, just a few odds and ends left to do and we are out of here in the early morning.

We had a great visit with my sister and niece last week-end, it was just too short. There were 11 of us here Friday night to eat and my sister and I stayed up into the wee hours talking. Saturday she and I went shopping for a bit and then came home to see Brianna before prom. She looked absolutely beautiful, so grown up. Sunday we ordered pizza and then the visitors headed for home.

Bill did pretty well with all of the commotion. He mainly stayed in his usual seat and watched TV while most of the hoopla was going on in the dining room. Somehow he managed to set the security alarm off while we were gone. I don't quite know how he managed to do it but Em and McKenna heard it beeping when they opened the door and they managed to get it turned off before it activated. 

We did set the alarm off ourselves yesterday. We had to take my car to get some recalls taken care of and get the oil changed before the trip. We set the alarm and then Bill unlocked the garage to get his car out to follow me. Neither of us thought anything about it...until the monitoring center called! But at least we know that it works!

It rained most of the day today and I'm hoping that the next wave gets through during the night so that we will have decent driving tomorrow. But, if not, we'll deal with it.

We were going to meet Bill's sister and her husband for brunch on the way home where I-75 and I-10 meet, but Donald has been very sick with cellulitis and MRSA. He's in rehab right now but supposed to get to come home for in-home therapy Tuesday. He was unable to walk or stand and he will have to give up his organist position since it was both ankles that were affected. They would really like for us to go on down to Clearwater after Bill's check-up but MRSA is too contagious to chance it.

If all goes well we should be home Thursday and I don't expect anything to be really wrong. We'll see if they want to address the kidney cyst since his kidney output has been declining for awhile now. But we shall see. I do have some questions to ask about 1 of his medications but I really expect this to be a routine visit.

All for this time. I'll update after we get done with all of the appointments Monday. 

1 comment: