Saturday, April 9, 2016

It's a gorgeous but chilly morning this morning! But, the sun is shining.

We've had an OK week. Bill caught another cold. I could tell Saturday that his voice was very deep, but he said he felt OK. But, Sunday he felt terrible and stayed in bed until 1:30, which is very unlike him. He also left his oxygen on all day, even after he got up, so I know he wasn't breathing well. He only had a very slight fever and his BP, heart rate and O2 sats were good.

He's felt better as the week has progressed. He's coughing a lot every morning and I think it is now more from the COPD than the cold. Once he's up and has coughed and used his inhalers the coughing mainly stops for the day.

I've notice, and he's noticed now, that he has absolutely no stamina at all. He keeps saying that he needs to get on his treadmill, but then he just sits. He also wants me to just sit. I've started some spring cleaning, not the heavy cleaning yet, just going through things and putting things where they need to be instead of piled up in places. I just get started good and he tells me I need to sit down. I would like to just sit, but someone has to do the chores.

We've enjoyed watching baseball again, except the Cubs have opened the season on the west coast which means that the games don't start until late, which makes for very late nights. I'll be glad when Monday comes for their home opener. At least it will be in the same time zone!

Bill is having his CT/PET scan Wednesday. It hasn't really sunk in yet that the test is at noon and he has to be NPO from midnight on except for water. He also can't take his meds until the test is done. We're supposed to see Dr. Burbeck the next day to get the results so we are spending the night. We aren't staying at the hotel that is next to the hospital complex, the rates have really gone up since we were there last. So we are staying a short drive away at another hotel. I also had enough points to get a free night!

My sister and niece are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. Brooke, the niece, is going to do Brianna's hair for prom and my sister is just coming along for the ride. It will be nice to see them.

That's it for this week. Next week we'll have the results of the tests. We're hoping that it will show that the "nodule" was just where the lung had folded and not something more dire. Have a great week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment