Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's a beautiful day...finally! We had a dark and stormy few days this week so it's nice to see the sun. The downside is that it's gotten cooler, only going to be in the 60s instead of the 70s we had most of the week.

We've had a good week as far as health goes. I did not go to the dr. after my little "episode" Friday night. I also haven't had any more problems. I've started keeping track of what I'm eating. I had noticed that in the past when this would happen, it was mostly after a bite of meat. It started after a bite of steak, but since then I've had pizza, burgers, pork chops, chicken, ribs, all with no problems. So, I'll just keep track, keep eating small bites slowly, and hoping it doesn't happen again. One thing the article I read said was that certain drinks and food could trigger the spasms so watching what I eat could help.

Bill has had a very good week, until today. He wasn't able to walk as much because of the weather, but he did walk. He also went to Walmart with me and walked some there. He woke up this morning very stuffy and his voice is very deep. He even admitted that he doesn't feel really good and that he felt fine when he went to bed last night. I know he didn't have a restless night, was only up once to the bathroom and didn't do any coughing in the night. He doesn't have any fever so I'm thinking it might be more the high pollen count we're having and not another cold. He did go out yesterday without a jacket and only a short sleeved shirt and it was only in the 50s yesterday. Today he has on a heavy flannel shirt! So, I'll just keep an eye on him...as usual.

I've also created a monster! When I gave him his pills this morning he just looked at me and waved his hand toward the side table and said "Am I supposed to dry swallow them"?!? I just told him to get off his behind and get some water! I do wait on him a lot, comes from when he was so sick, and he's gotten used to it. That will have to change!

Amanda has had a setback in her recovery. Her headaches are back and when she saw the surgeon Tuesday to get her staples out he did another CT scan which showed some fluid buildup. He also thinks she has had some mild seizures and some brain swelling. He added another seizure medication and her regular dr. put her on some Tylenol 3 and Xanax for anxiety. She's on bed rest until April 12th which is driving her crazy. 

If you remember from a couple of weeks ago I told you we were trying to connect our new TV to the internet to watch ballgames. I bought the Chromecast streaming device and we never could get it to connect to the internet, except for 1 time and then it wouldn't "cast" anything for us to watch. So, after more research, we took it back to Walmart and got the Roku stick instead. It was only $5 more, but after setting up an account (free) and following the simple instructions, the remote found the stick and we were up and running! We've watched a couple of games on it already. I do need to go through the channel store to see what else can be downloaded for it that we would use and then customize our home page. So, if any of you are considering a streaming service, I would go with Roku over Chromecast.

All for today. Baseball season officially starts tomorrow afternoon and I am very happy about that! Have a great week-end and week!

No comments:

Post a Comment