Saturday, October 6, 2018

We didn't quite get the result we wanted from our visit to Dr. Threlkeld yesterday. The labs from last week showed that his white count had gone back up. It's not alarmingly high, 10.5, but at discharge it was 8.4. So, instead of getting the picc line out, we're doing another week of antibiotics. I only had 1 infusion left, and they didn't get any delivered last night, so he didn't get his last one, and he's not getting his morning one, so far.

Other than him not getting the medicine, I was thrilled to go to bed early last night. The cats had gotten me up at 4:30 yesterday with a crash. I still haven't figured out what it was. Then the drive to/from Memphis, oxygen delivery, letting home health know that the nurses at the dr. did not change his dressing so he would need to, getting us something to eat, I was pooped and went to bed a little after 9. I didn't sleep really well, the cat brought me her squeaky mouse at 2 and meowed until I told her she was a good kitty and gave her a head rub, and Bill had a hard time using the bathroom. But, when I went back to sleep the next thing I knew was the alarm for his 1st dose of medicine was going off! I got to sleep an extra hour! Of course Kitty was right there and let me know that she had given me an extra hour and it was now time to get moving. But it sure felt good to sleep longer!

Ryan and Daniel came over this week and fixed the toilet in the bathroom (it had come unsealed but wasn't leaking) and put in a new floor. The floor we put down when we redid the bathroom did not hold up well and the glue from the backing was showing through. We just did some peel and stick vinyl tile, but it looks nice. Now, I want to paint 1/2 the walls again! 

I got Bill his appointment with Dr. Shete the ENT. It's Thursday morning at 8. That means rush hour traffic to an office we've never been to and don't know how to get there. Thank goodness for navigation! I'll just program it in and go where it tells me. She wanted to wait to see him after he was off all antibiotics, yet she wanted to see him within 2 weeks after discharge. I'll don't have a clue what she will do. He's still snotty and full and he can't hear out of his right ear. He says it even feels funny to touch. I tried to get an appointment with the audiologist for after that, and it can still happen, if Dr. Shete will fax over an order right then. We can be squeezed in before we see Dr. Burbeck at 1. That's going to be a very long day, especially since we have to leave by 6.

The week of the 15th, we are supposed to go back to Dr. Threlkeld, and the nurse wanted Bill to see the Dr. this time, but he's booked all that week, and the nurses were too, so they are just going to call to let us know when to come. We don't have anything else scheduled, at that time, anyway. Then the next week, I go back to see the gastro dr. I'm still having a little trouble swallowing, but I think it's due more to the hiatal hernia than the dilation not working. So, we will see. And then, the 4th of November we head to Mayo and on down to see Bill's sister. It will be the first time we've seen them in 2 years and the first since their daughter passed away, so it will be a little bittersweet.

The air has gone back to being dirty from all the harvesting going on. Cotton is being picked, beans and rice cut, so there's a lot of dust in the air again. I'm coughing and snotty again too, and I know it's just from this. But I think they've stopped burning the fields, so at least there's not the heavy smoke anymore.

So, that's it. I've got tons of paperwork to do, retirement money paperwork, disability paperwork for Ryan, end of life paperwork so Emily doesn't go crazy like she did trying to go through her dad's stuff, Mayo Pharmacy survey, so I think I'll do that while I'm doing laundry. At least it can be a multi-tasking day! Have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment