Saturday, February 15, 2020

As good as Thursday was, yesterday was a bust. His numbers were all good, stayed in the 20s most of the time and his oxygen stayed in the high 90s with his heart rate 80s to 90s. He was awake when I got there and not agitated, so I was surprised that Stephanie said she didn't want to make any changes to the vent and that they would get another chest xray Monday. I don't know if something went on in the night that was reported by the respiratory tech or what. Cam, the cardiology nurse was puzzled also.

When he got his Xanax about 8, he went back to sleep and slept all day and was very lethargic when he was awake. Occupational therapy came in (she did come in after I left early one afternoon) and he wouldn't even try to move his arms on his own. So, she was just doing more passive range of motion exercises. He also had trouble trying to do the clothes pins.

I also noticed that when he needed to roll in bed, he wasn't reaching for the bed rails as before. And, he would just tap on his bed tray to get my attention and then point to his urinal, which was sitting right next to where he was tapping! He could put the urinal back on the tray when he was finished, but wouldn't reach for it. He was also very passive during his bath, which is a good thing, but he also slept through a lot of it.

Emily, McKenna and her boyfriend Logan stopped by late in the afternoon. Emily had a drs. appointment in Memphis so came by after. Bill was awake, mostly by then, and by the time they left about 4:30 he was fully awake. He also started interacting with McKenna a little. When it came time for me to leave, we went through the usual routine of leaving and he was almost back to normal. So, I don't know what was going on. I talked to his nurse and we decided to hold the afternoon dose of Xanax, and she told me that he hadn't had any Thursday after the dose at 4. But he did get his Seroquel, so maybe it was all just too much. We'll see this morning.

The hematologist, who is Dr. Muir, is pleased with his blood numbers, doesn't see anything really wrong. He's also a nice chatty man. Dr. Oktied was happy with his blood sugar numbers. We ran into each other at the elevators so I got a quick update.

That's about it, a very quiet Valentine's Day. I got him a little balloon and a stuffed kitty from the gift shop, but he wasn't too impressed. Oh well, I tried. I crocheted all day while he slept, and I can tell it in my hands this morning.

It's cold this morning again so I may wait a little longer to leave, not that it will be any warmer, but since it's Saturday, parking shouldn't be much of an issue. Stay warm, stay cool, stay safe wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment