Thursday, February 13, 2020

Bill's numbers were a little wacky again this morning, but he hadn't had his xanax and I could tell he was a little agitated. So I talked to his nurse and he got it about 8:30. Stephanie was skeptical about switching him from full vent to the SIMV assist mode, but she finally decided that if he could keep his respirations in the 30s she would take it, even though she didn't like it...and he did well!

He slept for a while after the xanax was given, but he got into his chair about 11:30. He really didn't want to do it, but Chris and I told him that he had to get out of bed. And he stayed up until 4:30. He did take a little nap, but he watched TV all afternoon. I showed him some pictures of the grandkids holding puppies and McKenna at her Valentine Court presentation.

The antibiotics are working. Ashley didn't say how long they would give them. Since this strain only responds to 4 antibiotics, they don't want it to become resistant to any of them. So, we'll see. I imagine it will be a minimum of 7 days.

That's about it, no speech therapy or OT. But, at least he got out of bed today. Tomorrow marks 3 months in the hospital and he wants to come home so much. He does know I can't take care of him right now, but he still tells me he wants to come home with me. One of these days, one of these days!

So, even though this is short, it was all in all a good day. And now, it's just about time for me to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment