Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Today was a much, much better day! Bill was awake when I got there and his nurse said he had a good night.The only thing I know that happened was that he refused to let them give him a bath. His numbers were all good, back to where they should be. His respirations were still a little high in the low 30s, but heart rate was 107 and oxygen was 96.

He got a good bath from Albert and a shave which made him feel much better. He also did argue about the bath and Albert gave Caleb a run for his money in bathing and shaving. He's been the PCA all week and he's been wonderful with him. He said that today is his Friday so we won't have him for a couple of days, and then they may move him to the other hall.

When he was suctioned this morning, she said he still had a bunch of secretions and they are gray. I watch the collection container when they flush the suction tube to see what it looks like. But, she only had to go down once. When Stephanie came in she lowered the pressure on the vent, but kept the rate the same. She said that tomorrow, since he will have had 2 days of antibiotics and xanax, she may put the vent back to SIMV mode to see how he does. She had also run some blood gases yesterday after I left and they were perfect.

Janet from infectious disease said he still sounded junky to her, but overall thought he looked better. 

His nurse Kayla said they had to increase his insulin again. When they checked his blood sugar at one point yesterday evening, and since Kayla was there it was probably at 4, it was over 400! So, they called Dr. Oktied and he increased it again. Between the Prednisone and the tube feeds, they are really causing havoc with his blood sugar.

He stayed nice and calm all day, watching TV and napping. He hadn't had any therapy before I left and I told him if they came after I was gone, not to argue with them, to get in the chair if they wanted him to, or do his leg exercises, or move the rings and clothes pins. His numbers when I left were perfect. They have his respirations set at 25 and he was at 27, oxygen was 99 and heart rate was 85. 

I left somewhat early again and needed a motor boat just to get to my car in the parking lot! It rained hard, with the fog, all the way home. Mary Rose called while I was on the road and after I said hello, she just said Oh my, she could hear the rain. But since my car is hands free, we could talk for a bit. After I got home, since I was partially wet, I took the trash to the curb and the water was ankle deep in the backyard! Of course I didn't know that until I stepped in it. So, jeans hanging over the bathtub dripping and tennis shoes in the dryer. Hopefully they will be dry by morning!

I went to bed at 7 last night and slept until 4. I'm going to try to stay up a little later tonight as Blytheville is going to be on the ID channel tonight for an unusual murder. 

So, that's it. I've done a couple of tax returns and cooked myself some dinner and now I'm ready to curl up on the couch for a bit with the cats. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good as today!

No comments:

Post a Comment