Saturday, June 15, 2019

This has been another long week. From Wednesday on I kept thinking that the next day would be Saturday. I don't really know why it matters since we're retired, but I guess it still does.

 We're both feeling better, although yesterday and this morning I've woken up tired again and I'm grumpy this morning. The weather changed again and now we've had fall for the last couple of days. It's supposed to get hot and humid again this week-end (joy, joy) with rain chances most of the week. Like everyone else, I'm getting tired of rain. I did get my potassium checked yesterday and it's come up some, but it's still low.

Mouse got to come home Monday and the change in him was amazing! He's now very calm, most of the time. He hasn't attacked Cat at all, although she's still very  wary of him. They have both started sleeping in the bedroom with us again. For the first couple of nights, Cat would not sleep on the bed if Mouse was on it. And if she was already on it and he got on, she got down. She also stopped bringing me "presents" in the night. But, Thursday night they both slept on the bed and last night I got some presents. But, Mouse has started exploring again, which in turn gets Bill hitting the bed and telling him to get and then asking me what the noise is he's hearing. So there's no going back to sleep. I rebelled a little this morning. He told me that Mouse was on the bookcase at the foot of the bed and I told him that it didn't matter there was nothing on there he could hurt. He said he would just knock stuff off and I said I would pick it up if he did. Right about then, some stuff hit the floor. When Bill said "see" instead of getting up and picking the stuff up I turned on my bedside lamp on full blast (it is the kind that can be very bright or very dim). All he had knocked off was a portable case of CDs and some Christmas cards. When Bill then asked what the noise was I decided that was enough and got up, at 5:10! Of course both cats left the bedroom and now he gets to sleep until it's time for his pills at 8! OK, enough griping. At least I'll get some quiet time since the cats have eaten and gone back to sleep!

I started a Bilble study at Emily's church on the book of Ruth, which is one of my favorite books. It's different than I expected, but still interesting. We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks. It does give me a little over an hour away from Bill which doesn't include going to the grocery store or running errands so that's a good thing.

That's about it. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm officially old. I got my first SS check this week! I'm a little confused about why I got it the 2nd week of the month since my birthday day falls in the first week of the month, but since I don't need it that week it doesn't matter. Now just waiting for Medicare to kick in in a couple of months. I'm already tired of all of the supplement mail. And since we have Tricare for Life, I don't need the supplement. Oh well, that's why we keep a trash can by our chairs!

Have a good week-end. Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment