Saturday, June 1, 2019

I've been sick most of the week and don't have the energy to do this yet today. Maybe after the meds kick in...just keep checking back periodically.

 I went back to bed and slept until it was time for Bill's meds. Feel much better and even had some coffee for the first time since Wednesday.

We had a very nice Memorial Day. Bryan smoked a brisket and Em made potato salad and a jello cake. They brought everything to our house. I had some baked beans, and of course she had to make mac and cheese for Kenna. But it was all good.

The problem with my medicine and the pharmacy, and I can't remember if I said anything last week so I'm doing it again, was that it was sent to Walmart instead of Rose. So I was able to pick it up and it started. Before the day was out, my heel didn't hurt at all, but I also didn't do much all week-end. It did hurt some later in the week, but I was on my feet more.

Ryan came and did some honey-dos for us Tuesday to make a little money. He was going to come back yesterday, but since I've been sick most of the week he hasn't.

I woke up at 4 Thursday morning throwing up. I know, too much info, but I hadn't thrown up since sometime while we were in Florida. It was mostly just phlegm from sinus drainage and Emily brought me some Zofran on her way to work. She also stopped and picked us up dinner from Perkins. I managed about 10 bites of soup and that was about it.

Still felt bad Friday, but could tell it was more sinus/cold than anything else. My head felt like it was going to explode so got some sinus medicine that has worked some. The most troubling has been fatigue and clamminess. I'm used to getting up at 4:30 and getting things started for the day. The last few days I've thrown the cats out of the bedroom and gone back to bed, or fed the inside ones and laid on the couch and went back to sleep. I would also lay back down after tending to Bill's morning meds and shots and sleep for 2-3 hours! That is not like me at all! And I would wake up more refreshed, but drenched in sweat. I don't know how many times I've changed clothes!

This is starting to trouble me, so I'm going to the dr. Monday. I'll keep a record of things all week-end. My blood pressure this morning was 105/74 which is really low for me, so who knows what is going on, but something is.

Anyway, I feel more awake now. Still don't have much appetite but I'm making myself eat.

Bill has had a good week. He's had to fend for himself some. I told him yesterday he needs to learn how to check his glucose and give his insulin shots, and he just ignored me. That was another ordeal this week.

We had gotten a letter from EpressScripts about switching his insulin to home delivery. The monthly cost is $28 per vial and for home delivery it would be $24 for 3 months. So, 3 weeks ago we set that up. I got notices that the drs. hadn't responded with new prescriptions, so I called them and they had sent them...twice! His old insulin became outdated yesterday and we still didn't have the new ones, so I pulled up his account, and 1 of the insulins and the syringes had been cancelled. He takes 2 different kinds, he takes a medium acting one and then gets supplemented with regular insulin if his glucose is over a certain number. So I called them and just cancelled the whole home delivery. Then I called the local pharmacy and ordered the refills. They asked me if we needed one of his other medications and I told them no, we were good with it. When we went to pick them up, there was 1 insulin and the pills and the cost was over $100! The 2 insulins shouldn't have been more than $56 and the pills aren't that much. So, when I told them we didn't need the pills but needed the other insulin, when it was all said and done, insurance would only cover 1 at the co-pay price, and we had to pay full price for the other. All in all $138!. In the 3 months since he has been out of the hospital, they have paid for both insulins, but they have decided now that most people only 1 or the other, not both! So, something else to ask the dr. about! No wonder I'm stressed!

So, that's been our week. We did get some good news though. McKenna got all As, with 1 B and made honor roll and Brianna was accepted into the RN program at college. She is so excited and we're proud of both of them.

Done for now. Have to get the bills paid and I can tell my energy is going fast! Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment