Saturday, June 8, 2019

This has been a trying week. We are both sick with this sinus mess, but got some meds at the dr. yesterday so hopefully they will kick in soon.

I took Mouse to the vet to be neutered on Tuesday and when I picked him up they told me that the cost was double, which was not a problem, because of him only having 3 legs. I don't know all the ins and outs but it could be that the stump doesn't move like a leg would. Anyway, it had to be done through his abdomen. He was still bleeding some from under his tail, and it looked like there was a little place that had herniated. We put some puppy pads in a big box, thanks Chewy.com, and he stayed in there for awhile, but then he pulled himself out and hid under the kitchen table, back in a corner. I just left him there, but I slept on the couch and checked on him about every hour, or at least every time I roused up. 

I got him out Wednesday morning and he had bled all over the floor, so I called the vet when they opened and they wanted me to bring him back in. Putting him back in his carrier he just cried and cried. The vet took one look at him and said he thought he needed to stay to get some high-powered meds and to get the bleeding stopped. He didn't come right out and say it, but he led me to believe that there wouldn't be any extra charge. He did say that the surgery was a very difficult and complicated one.

He's still at the vet and will be there through the week-end. I talked to one of the vet techs yesterday (I've called to check on him every day) and he's better. The bleeding has finally stopped, but he's had quite a bit of diarrhea, but that could be from the medicine they are giving him. He's going to stay through the week-end so hopefully he'll get to come home Monday. I miss the little critter.

Kitty has enjoyed being the only kitty again. She's become more vocal and plays with her toys again. She's not wary about walking by the bed, afraid to be attacked from under the bedspread by Mouse who likes to hide. And hopefully neutering him will calm him down some.

Now, on to me and Bill, which is the main purpose of this blog. I started feeling bad again on Thursday and he's been coughing quite a bit. But, he says that it's all from "up high" when I ask where it's coming from. We went to bed Thursday night at 8 and I didn't hear my phone ring at 8:30 and it was right by my head on my nightstand! Kitty got me up at 6 and I fed her, took my meds, fixed a glass of diet Coke and laid back down on the couch. I wanted the Coke instead of coffee because my mouth was so dry that I was just parched. 

Bill's white count was up again, but his chest x-ray had improved from the last one they did in March. One area was completely gone, but there was another place in the other lung that wasn't there before. She didn't think it was pneumonia and I don't remember what she did call it.  We each got some antibiotics and my potassium was down again so she upped that and wants to recheck it in a week. Bill's kidney function was nearly perfect so Mayo wants to cut the amount of Lasix in half for a month and then check it again and maybe get him off of that.

One thing that I've noticed since I took that medicine for my foot, my blood sugar has been high, and it's never over 100. I asked Connie about it and she said it's from the prenisone and if I had been taking any over the counter cold meds, which I had done. So, I'm not as concerned about it as I was. My blood pressure was low again yesterday, and she said that could be the same reason, cold medicine and just being sick.

Today I feel like my face is swollen and the entire face hurts. Around my nose and eyes it's just throbbing. My teeth even hurt, but I know that's from the sinuses being so full. I want to sit with my coffee cup pressed up against each place. So, I'll probably get a hot rag to hold over my face in a while. I do feel better though, which is good, since there is no food in the house to cook, we ordered pizza last night and of course in our area there's no GrubHub or Deal Dash. None of our grocery stores deliver, so I will have to venture out. But if I just get enough to get through the week-end we'll survive.

So, that's our week. It's another humid, rainy Saturday. We have a flood watch for through the week-end. We haven't gotten near the rain that the rest of the state has gotten, or even from Memphis south. But, it's enough. I hope everyone has a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment