Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finally got my tooth pulled today. It didn't hurt at all and we were home within 2 hours of leaving the house.
The people who signed in in front of me were probably wondering why I got called in first, but I didn't need to have the xrays done. It's a little uncomfortable now and my cheek hurts more than the socket but Aleve has worked. Took some before the numb wore completely off and will take some more when I go to bed. Hopefully won't have a bruise on my cheek...everyone will think Bill whacked me!

We've narrowed down his stomach discomfort to one of his meds, we think. He was fine this morning until I gave him his "after breakfast" pills. He said within 10 minutes his stomach cramped. The antibiotic that he takes can cause stomach cramps. He has to take an antibiotic for the rest of his life. His donor was exposed to the CMV virus which is a mega-virus. Bill had never been exposed to it but because his immune system is being killed by the anti-rejection meds, he has to take the antibiotic. I'm going to track it for a few more days and talk to Dr. Yip Monday at his biopsy to see if there is another one he can take.

We've gotten a taste of fall weather which was wonderful. It was only in the low 70s today and tonight is supposed to get into the upper 50s. I've had the air off and the patio door open all day but turned the air on now. The bedroom gets stuffy if there is no good airflow. The ceiling fan doesn't do much without the air/heat on.

All for tonight. It's just about time for meds and vitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment