Thursday, January 7, 2016

Bill has had all of his tests run that Mayo wanted and we are heading there Saturday morning. He has appointments all Monday morning and then we go back for more appointments on the 26th with one of the lung Drs.

The CT of his chest shows "something" on one lung. Best case scenario is that it is from the pneumonia. Worst case scenario is that it is a cancer. Because of the pneumonia the radiologist wasn't able to tell and he recommends a follow-up in 2-3 months. I'll let Stephanie know this when we are there and they may schedule something while we are there, or when we go back.

He's been feeling better and has been able to walk instead of using a wheelchair the last 2 days for his appointments. Emily got concerned looking at his labs this morning because his blood sugar had been all over the place the last couple of days. But, the Prednisone could be responsible for that.

He's not real thrilled about having to go back at the end of the month, but I reminded him that it was his idea to go and get checked out. So, we'll just see how things go. 

The hardest part will be taking the oxygen. The part of the machine that fills the portable canisters is really heavy and I'm not sure I can get it in and out of the car. I haven't tried the other part. If he didn't have to sleep with it, I think he could get by with the 2 travel canisters, but I don't want to take that chance. So, I'll figure something out!

Tomorrow I'm getting the recall on my car taken care of and then travel money, pack, stop mail, keys to the neighbor and who knows what else. I'd like to get a haircut but I don't know if that will happen or not. 

I'll probably wait and update this after we are finished with his appointments on Monday. Good thoughts please!

1 comment: