Sunday, November 3, 2019

Bill is home! He was discharged about 11 yesterday morning. He's still pretty weak and his stomach is still bothering him. He's not complaining about me making him use his walker to get around and he said he can't believe how hard it is to get anywhere in the house.

I told him he could have the week-end off as far as his exercises go, but come Monday, the fun begins. There wasn't anything in the discharge paperwork about Home Health, so I'll call them tomorrow morning. I've also got to call Mayo, Dr. Threlkeld, and Dr. Burbeck. I think I'm also going to make an appointment with our dr., especially to have his stomach checked out. As soon as I'm done with my morning internet surfing (it is a habit you know) I'm going to start making my Monday to do list. I usually do that on Sunday night, but since it's fresh in my mind, I'll do it this morning.

They didn't make any medicine changes and he didn't come home with any antibiotics. They think they got it with the IV ones. But his white count is still a little higher than I think it should be at 14.3. But, what do I know, I'm just a wife! They also increased his Prograf (transplant med) so I need to find out from Mayo when to get labs done to check that level. They've put him back on his regular steroid instead of the high powered one and back to his regular insulin regimen. I was surprised that his sugar was only 117. It hadn't been that low for a long time, even fasting. But his A1C was 8.8 which was higher than the last time. So, another thing to talk to Connie and Mildred about at the local dr.

He did lose 13 1/2 pounds in the 10 days he was there. The sheets that come with meals don't list calories, they only list grams of carbs, so I don't know exactly how many calories he was taking in. So, we'll be back to packing on the calories for a while. I'm sure the weight loss has contributed to the weakness.

So, there you have it. He's home, Cat was in his lap almost as soon as he sat down, and Mouse looked at me like "who is this and why is he here". He warmed up to him again after a while, but Cat didn't want to share him at all! And Bill was just as content to have her on his lap as she was to be there.

Unless something happens during the week, I won't update again until next Saturday as usual. But, if necessary, I'll post sooner. I hope everyone enjoys the time change. I didn't really get an extra hour of sleep since the cats thought 3:30 was breakfast time. But, I just booted them out of the bedroom and closed the door and slept until 5:30, so I guess I maybe did get an extra hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment