Sunday, November 17, 2019

Bill was again having an interrupted breakfast this morning when I got there and he was rather testy about it. I suppose I would be too under the circumstances. Respiratory got there right before breakfast came for a breathing treatment and then the nurse came with all the meds and sugar checks. He just said he wasn't going to eat because it would be cold, but Molly took it when she finished and heated it, like I knew she would.

It wasn't as good a day today. He just didn't feel well and said he hurt all over. I think a lot of it was just being in bed for 3 days with only getting up to use the bedside commode. You know how you feel when you're sick and have been confined to bed, you can't get comfortable. He was also coughing a lot and I think his muscles are just sore from that.

They are giving him everything they can to get the secretions thin enough for him to spit out, but he just won't do it. Dr. Schriner, the new lung dr. this time, has not ruled out needing to do a bronchoscopy if necessary. The pulmonary nurse that came in was going to look at his x-ray and see if they needed to tweak anything. The IV antibiotics are working and Dr. Yaranov said he didn't hear the wheezing today that he heard yesterday.

Things may ramp up some tomorrow since the week-end will be over. They did get him switched to the high-flow nasal cannula oxygen instead of having to use a mask, but he is still on a pretty high amount and it will have to be lowered before he can come home. They may start some therapies tomorrow, but that hasn't been mentioned. His tubing is not long enough for him to get to his chair and there would have to be some major rearranging for him to be able to sit in it, so I'm going to see if they can get some longer tubing. If not, I'm going to see if he can sit on the edge of the bed and at least do his leg exercises. I always keep a pulse ox with me so his sats can be monitored if therapy isn't coming in.

That's really it for today. I'm updating tonight because I'm leaving early in the morning and didn't want to rush through in the morning. 

I'll update after tomorrow's festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment