Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm trying something this week that is kinda scary, for me anyway. I'm going out of town for 5 days, without Bill. It's a little unsettling to be apart for that long, but as the transplant coordinator said, "Go live your lives". So, I'm going to the H & R Block Convention in Nashville.

My friend Phillis wanted to know what would happen if "the call" should come while I'm gone. I told her they would send a plane for Bill if necessary and before I could say anything else Tommy (my boss) said "Well, I guess we go to Memphis". I told him we just need to go as far as the airport and then Jalena said that their brother-in-law knows the owner of the Tennessee Titans football team. I jokingly said that since all of the bigwigs from Block would be in Nashville, I could just use the corporate jet and Jalena thought that might be a good possibility.

I'm not too concerned about getting to Memphis if need be. My concern is that something would happen to Bill here at home, especially in light of this new problem with his heart rhythm. But, I just have to go on faith that everything will be alright. So, as of Sunday morning, I'm off to the big city until Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment