Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2009

Here is the latest news concerning Bill's journey. Yesterday he was airlifted to Memphis (I think this the 4th time, maybe he has earned his wings or at least a front seat). Beth called me this morning said Bill had a good night, her night was choppy to say the least. She slept a little and read a lot. Bill is going to be moved from ICU to a room sometime today. His pacemaker Dr. is going to preform a laser procedure Thursday, he thinks there is a possibly he may be able to repair some of the damage to his heart, and then Friday they will replace his pacemaker, so it will probably be Monday before they can come home.
I suppose you have guessed that I am not Beth, I am Phillis her partner in crime. She us unable to log on at the hospital so I am updating this for her.
Bless his heart, Bill is not a good patient. Heaven help if he actually tells someone he feels bad or has pain. From what I gather he was feeling bad Monday, shortness of breath and coughing possibly from fluid build up, and he would not go to the ER. Beth called his Doctors office and they said to get him to ER ASAP. Finally he went and once he got there is BP dropped and he needed to be shocked one time. He was sedated for that. Good thing is he never lost consciousness. Beth told me she was really impressed with Blytheville Hospital and with Dr. Fergus (he is a surgeon at the hospital)
Beth told me his Doctors nurse lit into him this morning. He could have had is pacemaker read by Memphis but he did not want to. I am glad she did. He needed his butt chewed. Beth told him if she hadn't called home yesterday when she did, she would have come home to a dead man. Well enough said. I will post this for better or worse LOL. Beth may not ask me to update her blog after she reads this LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment