Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time moves so quickly when you don't want it to. It's been a crazy week since we saw Dr. Lan. The reason he wanted to see Bill is because the device monitor picked up an odd rhythm. It looks like he's going into v-tach about every hour. This is where the bottom of his heart starts beating too fast. This can lead to the v-fib where his heart just quivers which causes the heart attack. Anyway, Dr. Lan wants to try to create the problem in the lab to make sure the pacemaker is picking up on it properly. I actually think that is the strange sound he's been making in the night. I think the device is shocking him, but since he's asleep he's not aware of it. He doesn't even feel when his heart starts racing.

Anyway, after the heart cath Monday, they going to do that procedure. He's also scheduled to see Dr. Garrett's nurse practitioner and have his labs done. Dr. Lan has said that it will be a very long day, especially for me! I'm planning on packing a few more items of clothing, just in case we end up staying an extra day or two.

Bill has also been sick since we went to Memphis. He has the virus that has been running through the schools. He's feeling better now and sleeping better since I made him start taking some Benadryl to stop his sinus drainage. I had almost decided not to go to my Little Rock meeting, but he started to get better. I don't know what will happen if I have to cancel going to Nashville. We'll cross that bridge when we get there I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment