Monday, July 25, 2011

The day has begun! I rested better last night but I don't think Bill slept much. However, he's snoring away now. His IV was started about an hour ago but that's as far as it's gone as yet. The nurses have said they don't know any more than we do.

There's also coffee in the nourishment room this morning was made me extremely happy! I didn't have to go to the cafeteria! I have Poptarts with me and that will be my breakfast this morning. I was good and had oatmeal yesterday so today I can be bad!

Bill's bp stayed up better last night after the meds were held. The lowest it got was 87 and the other 2 times it was taken it was 94 and 91. I don't know what the bottom number was. The new day nurse should be in shortly and we'll see what it is this morning.

We're both getting concerned about his weight now. Last Monday at Mayo he weighed 172 which is just about perfect for his height. At home before we left he weighed 171. When he was weighed at admit he weighed 169 which was 4 hours after he had weighed at home with not much for breakfast. Yesterday morning, 18 hours after he was admitted he weighed 168 and this morning at 5, 26 hours after the last weigh-in he weighed 166. His meals for lunch and dinner yesterday were bigger portions so he felt like he had eaten something. Today should be interesting since he's NPO now and who knows what they will give him to eat after the surgery. I'm thinking he's getting some ice cream from the cafeteria!

I'll update more when something happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment