Sunday, July 24, 2011

We both had a terrible night! Of course that's how it goes in hospitals. Bill couldn't get comfortable in bed and his night meds didn't get ordered so he didn't get them until 11. Then the usual vital signs checks every 3-4 hours. Labs were drawn at 3 and his CNA decided that since we were awake it was a good time to get his weight! Another patient started calling for help about dawn and so it went!

His blood pressure stayed low all night but steady at 84/54. This morning it was 94/60. Don't know if they will hold a couple of his meds to see if that is the cause or just what they will do. He's also still on the O2 but the day nurse discovered at shift change that the O2 was not on and his sat level was at 94. I'm thinking it's all coming back to the low bp.

He's also not getting much to eat, even to be on the AHA diet. I have seen McKenna eat more food than he's been getting. That could also have something to do with his bp. He's not getting enough nourishment to fuel his body. I brought him some fruit this morning when I got breakfast, which was another ordeal. There was no coffee in the cafeteria. It was also not busy. The coffee machine in the nourishment room in our wing is out of order and I had to pay for the empty coffee cup because it had the OLD Starbucks logo on it! I was not a happy camper. A nurse told me that the coffee machine in her wing on the same floor was working and to come and help myself. All of this and it's only 8:15!

Anyway, this makes a good place to vent in addition to updating you on Bill. He's already back asleep and I probably won't be too far behind him.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment