Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We made it home about 4:45 and are both exhausted. Bill is still very weak and he has the chills again. He's in the recliner with my Cubs blanket. He could barely walk into the house and then had a coughing spell. That is something new.

His O2 was 93 when we left the hospital so there is no oxygen. I'm going to find a monitor tomorrow so we can keep track of it. He took his bp while I was getting prescriptions filled and it was 120/60 both times that he took it. Before we left the hospital it was 137/54 so the nurse took it again and it was 88/52. Something is going rapidly wrong but so far no-one seems too inclined to find out what it is. I think the chills are in response to the infection in his mouth and going from the air in the car to 100 degree heat to the air in the house.

As I said, I've filled his scripts and bought a few groceries so that he can have something to eat. He may want to sleep in the recliner tonight, so I'll probably be on the couch. But maybe we will get some rest.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment