Sunday, July 10, 2011

I should have updated this a month ago! Mayo has said that they will list Bill so we are back in Jacksonville. Testing starts tomorrow and we have full days every day!

One of the drawbacks to being listed here is that we will have to relocate within 2 hours until a heart is available. Another option we have is to get the Heartmate II heart pump implanted. That would only mean a relocation for about 3 months. That surgery can also be scheduled so we would know just when we would have to be here. I have the information on short-term rental properties and after we talk to the transplant folks again and get some questions answered, we will make a decision on that. He could get the implant and still go on the transplant list and would be at the top of the list for awhile so that is still another option.

I'll try to update this daily after we get back to the hotel. I don't know if I'm going to bring my laptop to the clinic everyday. I may bring it on the day of the heart cath since we are pretty much in one place for several hours after the procedure. The other days we are moving around a lot between the clinic buildings.

So, continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We have a long couple of weeks ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment