Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today has been a better day. Bill has mostly stayed in the recliner, but when he as gotten up he has not been dizzy or winded. He has just moved very slowly all day. He did manage to shave so he feels better.

The swelling has gone down on the side of his face where the infection still is. I can actually see his dimple again! He's got a pretty good bruise on his jaw on that side also, so there must have been some pressure there during the procedure.

His fever has come back up but not as far as last night. We've already started the Tylenol. The other good news is that his bp tonight was 106/54 and his heart rate was 65. Those are excellent numbers and for a prize he gets to take all of his meds tonight! Ain't he the lucky one!!

I ran to the office today and then to Walmart for some more food for Bill. But, in the process of trying to make sure there are things here for him to eat, I've not gotten anything for me! Since we only had 1 day from getting home from Florida before going to Memphis, there is no food in the house! Guess I'll go to the store again tomorrow!

I commented to Bill a little while ago that I was getting tired and he told me that I had worked hard today with errands and taking care of him. I told him that I didn't feel like I had done a lot, so if I'm this tired and don't feel like I've been busy, I'll be ready for bed at noon when I am busy!

OH!! I almost forgot, we heard from Mayo and we will probably be going down the end of August to have the LVAD (heart pump) implanted. Julie told the the committee how the testing had taken it's toll on Bill and they agreed that it should be done. Ideally they have the patient come down, talk to the LVAD nurse and attend a class on how to use the equipment and then make a decision on having the procedure. But Bill told her that we weren't coming back home until it was done. We've already researched it and know basically how it works. For those of you who want to know more about it, go to the Thoratec website. They are the makers of the device and have some videos of people with the implant and how they live their lives. We should know by the middle of next week exactly when appointments will be scheduled with the doctors but we will need to be there the end of August. I'm making phone calls tomorrow to make sure the condo is available and we are making lists of things that need done before we go.

So, quite a long update tonight, but the day has been productive. And since Bill seems to be doing better, we can all look heavenward and say "Thank You". Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment