Friday, October 11, 2019

5:24 am...the cats both inside and out are fed, meds are taken, I've been sipping the first cup of coffee and been to the bathroom twice. It seems like it's going to be an IBS day. Oh well, I'll dig out the Imodium in a few minutes.

Bill had a good but boring day. About the only reason there is a post is because they are now talking discharge and not everyone is in agreement. Cardiology says he can leave today. Infectious Disease is going to switch from IV antibiotics to pill form, but he thinks we have gotten the upper hand with it. But Pulmonology says not so fast. When I told her yesterday that cardiology said that he could possibly discharged today she said "we all have to be in agreement". She had ordered something for him the day before and it was not in the room. I think it might be a different type of spirometer than he has. She wasn't happy about that, or the fact that PT had not been back in to see him since he left ICU. So, she was going to order that again. She did say that his x-ray looked a little better.

His oxygen level is down to almost what we have it on at home, and it could be put on that level. But since he's not moving, like at home, he gets very winded when he does move. I don't think he dropped as low yesterday as he had the day before. He walked from his bed to his chair for lunch and stayed in it all day. He called me last night and said he got back into bed himself and then got scolded for it, which he should have. They don't have him alarmed, or they didn't, but he may be now. I think it would be OK if I were with him instead of calling for the nurses, but when he's alone, he has to call. I told him they get paid to do that.

This is really a bad week-end for him to be discharged. It's going to rain any time and this afternoon it's going to be storms and heavy rain. Why would you discharge a pneumonia patient in the rain? And the temp is going to drop drastically. Right now it's 73 and that's about the high. Supposed to drop to the low 40s/upper 30s by tonight, and I just heard thunder. Going to be another lovely commute! It's supposed to be sunny but cooler for the week-end, only in the 60s, but sunny and warmer again on Monday. I would prefer he stay through the week-end and maybe pulmonary will  override cardiology since he wasn't admitted with a cardiac problem. We will see!

I'd better get a move on. I brought his suitcase and dirty clothes home last night and need to re-pack it with clean in case they do spring him. Looked at the radar and so far the showers are still spotty, the main line hasn't made it this far yet. At least I filled up last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment